Lost tacho card

Hi, could anyone let me know what the crack is with losing digital tacho card, is it as simple as buy a replacement one? And iv got 1 infringement on my lost one so how does that work because it won’t be on the new card so do I declare it to dvla?

Thanks

Just order a new one, from memory I think it is £29 but I’m willing to stand corrected, and you don’t have to inform anybody about previous infringements.

You should report the card lost to DVLA within 7 days and when your card is lost/stolen or faulty you can drive without a card for 15 days.

Do vehicle printouts at the start and end of each shift, write your name or licence number on each printout.

Application for a digital tachograph driver card (D777B)

As Harry said you don’t need to declare any infringements to DVLA or anyone else, they’d probably think it a bit strange if you did :grimacing:

tachograph:
You should report the card lost to DVLA within 7 days and when your card is lost/stolen or faulty you can drive without a card for 15 days.

Do vehicle printouts at the start and end of each shift, write your name or licence number on each printout.

Application for a digital tachograph driver card (D777B)

As Harry said you don’t need to declare any infringements to DVLA or anyone else, they’d probably think it a bit strange if you did :grimacing:

Admit to nowt, :laughing:

KD02:
Admit to nowt, :laughing:

Absolutely, if they don’t know about it then it never happened :smiley:

You don’t need to tell anyone, but the infringement(s) will still be stored on the head unit of the vehicle you were driving at the time so it will still be on record with the employer.

OK thanks much help I’ll order new one