digi tacho help needed

never used one before folks any pointers would be helpfull as looks like i got some 7.5 work on the way next week and a digi tacho is on board!! sounds daft i know but i would rather get the wee pointers before i make an mess of it lol…

Hi dodester, i used my digicard for the first time last week in a 7.5t and like you i was nervous about it as although had some idea what i was doing as having never used it was the one thing i was the most worried about. To be honest mate there really is nothing to it depending on which unit you get that is from what ive read on here. I was lucky enough to have a siemens vdu which really is simple to use, i found and used a great digital tachograph simulator from here here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20451

Cheers

Dave

quick question, when u start shift, put card in, set the datetime/ otherwork etc etc. when it comes to break after driving and switch engine and ignition off, do u have to re enter the date/time again or does it store your last activity untill u switch on again and carries on logging activity from when switched off?

Date and time is automatic. You don’t do anything with them. For a break, leave the card in but push the mode button to the break setting. After the break, do nothing. Just drive and it will record it automatically. If you are doing other work after the break, then change the mode to other work. It will always record the driving without you changing the setting.

Hope that helps. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t know the exact answer but someone on here will be along I’m sure to let u know, I found last week when using the Siemens VDO I check date and time etc but as far as I’m aware all digi rachis record in utc anyway, put my card in do manual entry’s etc if I need to then away I went when it came to break I just set the tacho to the bed symbol which is break switched the ignition off had a kip for 45 mins at the end of my break started up and away I went as soon as you move the tacho switches to drive anyway and then reverts to other work when u stop so I didn’t have to do anything after 1st inserting in the morning, ofcourse if u removed ur card for whatever reason during your break say someone else was using it while u were on break u would then have to put a manual entry in to say what u were doing
As i said I’m sure someone will be along with more experience and knowledge to correct me if I’ve got it wrong.

Dave

Here you go.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=71510

Put your card in slot one arrow on card shows u normally arrow facing up will say end of last shift press ok will come up manual entries press no using up and down on tacho buttons press ok , the slot 1 button will change Ur modes break other work etc just set to cross hammers for other work and do Ur checks the unit will change to driving automatically when u start driving when on break change to bed symbol and when u switch ign back on digi still recording u should not need to change date or time if u press up down buttons this will show u Ur driving time so u can keep a check and when on brk will show Ur breapk time hope this makes sense to eject card at end of shift press driver 1 button and hold then follow prompts

jx

thanx folks :wink: