Any help with digi tacho?

hi there,

well looks like will be driving mid oct, not sure where to put this but had look in this room so will try here.

are there any websites, or links etc, to a guide of how to use a digi tacho thing? i mean, how to use it,

thanks

rob

truck & driver has a brief help section in November’s issue. Not much but a start.

Regards
paul

CLICK HERE :smiley:

Digital Tachographs - How to use them - Printable download

DRIVERS SHORT OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS — DTCO 1381

Stoneridge Digital Tachograph - SE5000 user manual. (PDF)

The digital tachograph simulator

Digital Tachograph Simulator Direct Downloads
Install “Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator” first, then either or all of the training sequences.

Interactive Digital Tachograph Simulator v4.exe

Training sequences for the Actia tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Siemens tachograph (V 4.0)

Training sequences for the Stoneridge tachograph (V 4.0)

thank you, there look complex, im just working sats, perm for a company soon, should i print it out?

Robin_A:
thank you, there look complex, im just working sats, perm for a company soon, should i print it out?

It depends on which digital tachograph you’re likely to be using, they’re all different I’m afraid, but they’re not as bad as they may at first appear :wink:

If it’s a Siemens then printing out this will give you a good start.

im going in tomoz, so il ask what tachos are on the fleet and then get back here, then i can learn.

looks like its press ok to everything, do they still work then when u turn engine off? once you set it to break or loading etc, as my job is just drops, i take it id stop, change it to other work, ? then when get back in turn it to driving

Set it to “Other Work” when you start your shift and it will automatically change to “Driving” when the vehicle moves and automatically change back to “Other Work” when the vehicles stops, the only time you need to change the mode is for breaks or POA.

As far as I can remember the Siemens digital tachograph mode switch can’t be changed when the ignition is switched off but the Stonridge can be changed.

ok, this maybe silly, but it changes to other work when stop, does that mean in traffic or when enginee off? so then set it to break for breaks then back to other work when driving / break over

Robin_A:
ok, this maybe silly, but it changes to other work when stop, does that mean in traffic or when enginee off? so then set it to break for breaks then back to other work when driving / break over

Yes it will change to other work when you stop in traffic or whenever the vehicle stops moving, the engine doesn’t need to be switched off for the mode to automatically change.
When you turn off the ignition the tacho will remain in the mode that it was on before you turned off the ignition.

When you have a break just change the mode to “break”, when the break is over change the mode back to other work, but if you forget to change the mode after a break it will change automatically when the vehicle moves.