Digi Tacho

Hi All my first time here.
I used the digi tacho for the first time the other and have just read your link about how to use them.
in this it states that i should have selected manual entry, but i did not know this and put my card in and it asked me if i wanted manual and i said no. selected uk and drove. managed to get a printout but still not sure if i am doing it right.

i can not find any site that explains it but loads that will SELL dvds on the subject. Surley if the Goverment want us to use theses things then they should supply the infomation?

so nexct time i use one i am not sure what to enter, am i breaking any laws by just putting the thing in and drinving in the hope that it will record everything?

I still use a pencil and note book Start time stop time breaks ect, works for me.

i wont use mines til i do the course. the agency managed to get us a knocked down price of £20 and the course is on april 21st. i wont be using it before then

Stevie bee:
so nexct time i use one i am not sure what to enter, am i breaking any laws by just putting the thing in and drinving in the hope that it will record everything?

In theory, yes you are. The manual entry feature is to let you record the actual finish time of your last shift, and the actual start time of your current shift (by recording other work between the time when you took out the card and when you finished the last shift, and between starting the current shift and the time you entered the card).

Unless you put the card in the head the moment you arrive on site, and and immediately start going home the moment you remove the card, you’re not recording some of your working hours.

I did find a short “drivers’ manual” for the Siemens VDO digital tacho head on their website that is really useful, but I can’t find it now. I suspect they may have deleted it to try to push their paid-for manuals instead. :frowning:

Update - Aha! I’ve managed to get Google to give me a link to it on Siemens’ website, but I still can’t get to it via a “normal” route through their website.

Here it is

Download it now, whilst you still can…