digi card.

hello peeps just a quick question…my friend been employed by the same company for the last 10yrs driving only vehicles fitted with an analogue tacho…anyway he got his digi card about 4 years ago and never had to use it in the truck as it had an analouge tacho but applied for it as everybody had one…anyway his digi card expired in December 13 and he is still driving using charts…I did say to him he cant drive withought a digi card which he should have renewed and he must have that on himself every time he drives any vehicle fitted with a tacho,but since he hasn’t never used the old expired digi card he said he didn’t think he would need one…im usualy wrong so I let you experts inform me.

His card that he had and never used has expired,which begs the question,why get one in the first place ?
If he’s not going to re-new it,I’d just crack on if I was him,which he seems to be doing. :smiley:
No doubt,the VOSA bods wouldn’t take kindly to such unprofessionalism and he’d be hung,drawn and quartered if caught without his precious digi card.

the company that he work was in the process of buying a vehicle fitted with a digi tachgraph but that plan was shelved and run a 2004 reg which just keeps going and going…so should he have renewed or leave as it is?

There is no requirement to have a digi card so if he isn’t going to be driving digi equipped vehicles then no need to have one. Before the old one expired he was required to carry it with him while driving an analogue equipped vehicle but you only have to do that if you have a card, he doesn’t any more so he can just crack on.