Digi card renewal

Just realised my digi card ran out end of last month. Irrelevant really as I’ve retired, but did DVLA not use to let you know, or was the message on the tacho the only indication? Not really important, just curious.

I can’t honestly remember, but I was well aware on the last occasion. I think it flags up on the analysis software so any company worth its salt should be reminding folks.

I received a letter in the post advising me that my card was due to expire in a little over 2 months’ time. Renewed online and the new card arrived a couple of days later.

As I understand it the reminder letter goes to the address on your driving licence (addresses are no longer shown on the digicard).

Didn’t get a letter, only the warnings on the tacho head every time the ignition was turned on. As Roymondo, did the renewal online & had it it 2 days later.

Slight tangent, mine expires while on a weekly rest. Does anyone know if I can put the expired card in to do the manual end of day entries? Only a matter of minutes but curious to know if I can. TIA.

That’s a good question. The official line is that the card will stop working and can only be used to download or display data that’s already recorded. I’m pretty sure that the head unit won’t even start the log-on process with an expired card so won’t give you the opportunity to add a manual entry.

I’ll find out in September!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. As I said, purely curiosity as I hadn’t received a letter, but I’ve no intention of coming out of retirement :smiley:

I’m in the process of renewing mine. Received a letter last week advising that my card expiresvin September. Gone online to renew a couple of days ago. Just waiting for card to arrive now.

Roymondo:
That’s a good question. The official line is that the card will stop working and can only be used to download or display data that’s already recorded. I’m pretty sure that the head unit won’t even start the log-on process with an expired card so won’t give you the opportunity to add a manual entry.

I’ll find out in September!

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

This is exactly how it went this morning. Put my expired card in which was ejected about 10-15 seconds later. Put the new card in & did the manual entry from midnight on the day it started onto shift start, over 50 hours later.

trucken:
Just realised my digi card ran out end of last month. Irrelevant really as I’ve retired, but did DVLA not use to let you know, or was the message on the tacho the only indication? Not really important, just curious.

Like you, retired. Found a use after all for my card.

Appy:

trucken:

Like you, retired. Found a use after all for my card.

That’s not a digicard :wink:

The most expensive ice scraper.