Digi cards

Evening all, my friend works for a utility company using a grab lorry.some of the other drivers have digi tachos in there lorries but the drivers don’t have tacho cards. As a utility they are exempt from having to use them but i thought it was a legal requirement to carry them. Any advice on this would be grately appreciated :slight_smile:

I believe it is if you have a digi card.

if the vehicle is fitted with a digi tacho, a driver digi card must be carried at all times im led to belive.

But in this case the tacho isn’t being used so its not needed.

If you have been issued with a Digi card then you need to be able to produce it, even if the vehicle you are currently using is outside the scope of EU drivers hours rules. Obviously this doesn’t apply if you’re driving a car or motorbike. :smiley:

If you have never been issued with a card and driving a vehicle out of scope of the EU drivers hours rules then you do not need to produce a card you haven’t got :exclamation: :exclamation:

Just because a vehicle is fitted with a tachograph (digital or analogue) doesn’t necessarily mean you have to use it.

A driver cannot be issued with a digi, card ,you have to buy the dammed things at £38. per pop as they only last for 5 years.I believe that if the vehicle is fitted with the tacho head then the card has to be used.

alamcculloch:
A driver cannot be issued with a digi, card ,you have to buy the dammed things at £38. per pop as they only last for 5 years.I believe that if the vehicle is fitted with the tacho head then the card has to be used.

Not if you are working for a utility company.