Digital Tacho Card

Have seen a few jobs advertised that state “Possession of a Digital Tachograph driver card would be an advantage”.
Is it something that you buy & take with you from job to job? i.e your own personal card
Or do companies pay for them?
Is it a requirement to get one before starting most jobs?

Cheers :slight_smile:

Started back at an old job and as they now have new trucks with digi tachos I had to buy my own (£38) and it is MY own property which I can take from job to job (if I decide to leave this one). The firm said that they will pay for renewal in 5 years though :unamused:

Digi Tacho Card info from the Department of Transport site.

It doesn’t matter who pays for it , it is your property .
Most bigger logisitics companies are getting to a fleet level where all trucks are digi .If you want to work there by whatever means you will need a card .
In four weeks or so all of our fleet will be digital ,already got 06 and 56 didgi trucks the 07 additions will be the replacements for the 04 motors we still have .

paul@midway:
It doesn’t matter who pays for it , it is your property.

Although technically (and a little pedanticaly) it remains the property of the licencing authority (or something like that) :smiley:

montana man:

paul@midway:
It doesn’t matter who pays for it , it is your property.

Although technically (and a little pedanticaly) it remains the property of the licencing authority (or something like that) :smiley:

Secretary of State for Transport, your driving licence is also their property. It really shuts up the “It’s my card and they can’t check it coz of the data protection act” mob when you point that little fact out. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Bloody pedantic people on here

:laughing:

You can have my card if you want, the poxy bloody thing :smiling_imp:

Got mine £38 and i can’t even drive a lory yet lol :open_mouth:

Company offered to pay for mine,but should i leave they would take the money back.
I bought my own,that way it is MINE and I dont owe anybody anything. :wink:

bikemonkey:
Company offered to pay for mine,but should i leave they would take the money back.
I bought my own,that way it is MINE and I dont owe anybody anything. :wink:

Why didn’t you just let them pay for it? If you don’t leave you’ve not shelled out for it.

my answer to to TM when asked if i had bought a card was "do i buy the paper tacos?"good point he said and got me to sign forn and he payed

coffeholic:
It really shuts up the “It’s my card and they can’t check it coz of the data protection act” mob

They’re welcome to check mine - it’d be nice to know it works!

penfold:
Started back at an old job and as they now have new trucks with digi tachos I had to buy my own (£38) and it is MY own property which I can take from job to job (if I decide to leave this one). The firm said that they will pay for renewal in 5 years though :unamused:

:smiling_imp: It’s propperty of DVLA