Diary

Yesterday I was on my fortnightly visit to the Isle Of Islay, Not much of a
load so should get round in plenty time.
As i head into the main town on the Island, Bowmore your greeted by the whiskey warehouses.

The church at the top of the hill was built round so as “the devil couldnt hide in the corners”

Only a few drops left. This is at Lochindaal on the island. The rain clouds are gathering in thedistance, might have to get the skins on.

If you look near the top of the copper still youll see people will do anything for a drop of the “Uisce Beatha” as the locals call it, known as the water of life or whiskey to you and me.

As i head into Port Charlotte, looks like ive missed the rain shower

Looking out over Lochindall with the Mull of Oa on the other side of the loch, on a clear day you can just make out the North Antrim Coast. Looks like its sunshine and showers for the rest of the day.

I managed to burst a hydraulic hose while lifting off this last pallet, luckily i was in the yard and the fitter managed to throw something together to get me going again.

With the last drop done its time to head for the ferry back to the mainland.

The sun begins to set as i head for home, not far from Ardfern here, another 40mins and i will be home. Its been a long day since 4.00am home by 7.30pm

:sunglasses:

Nice pics, even nicer scenery!

good pics…hows winter up there

Great snaps…They just get better. Re;The last drop…? Do they give you samples then…? :laughing:

Good pics, ALBA

Good stuff as usual.

Very nice :smiley:

Good Pics :smiley:

harry:
Great snaps…They just get better. Re;The last drop…? Do they give you samples then…? :laughing:

With 8 distilleries on the island, we get a fair bit of business off them. There is always a forklift about the yards, if you need to re-jig the load a bit. We always do favours for them if we have time. As its coming up to christmas im sure we will get a few bottles from each of the distilleries, to stash behind the seat.
:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: [/b]

THANKS FOR THE NICE READ and photos,

that is one job which looks like a pleasure to do! fantastic scenery, much better than the m6!

Great pics, but surely they make whiskey in Ireland?
Over this side of the Irish sea we make Whisky, ok then, uisge-beatha :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

Beautiful scenery there Alba :smiley: :smiley:
I need to spend a weekend up North soon… :smiley: :smiley:

Good diary Alba ( do i get a bottle now :laughing: )