Diary

I was heading for the Isle of Mull last thursday, the first ferry was fully booked so that meant i didnt have to load up till the morning and then make the 10.00am ferry. A couple of other motors in the yard so the forklift driver is busy, just as well i can load myself, with out him blowing a fuse so early in the day.

The only drawback with the 10.00am sailing is jostling for position in the cafeteria with the hoardes of the Blue rinse brigade who come over on the many bus tours.

Single track roads, not for the faint hearted! I tried to see if there was a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.

Heading for Tobermory. Any of you with kids might know this place better as “BBC’s Balamory”

Heading to Dervaig for the last drop of the day, any rally fans might recognise this picture of the famous “Dervaig Hairpin”

Good diary, nice pic’s you certainly work in some nice areas.

I’m jealous. Looks an absolutely gorgeous place to work.

a great nice read and brilant photos as well

These islands are great places to work when the sunshines, but when the weather turns bad, you might be stuck for a couple of days. Not so great if you breakdown, or burst a hose, we carry a few spares in the lorry and can do minor faults but otherwise its a long trip for a mechanic. Most places have no mobile signal and it might take you an hour or so till you get back to civilisation, i carry a sleeping back just in case i get stuck.

Most folk are decent though and a cup of tea and if your lucky maybe a bowl of soup is often offered :laughing:

I always enjoy your diaries and pictures and have finally found some common ground. Dislike of leisure travellers on the ferries.