Diamondbrite

Has anybody ever used this stuff on their wagon or car?

Does it really do what it says on the tin?

Is it a waste of money or does it really work?

Your thoughts if you have used it please as I am thinking of getting my car professionally done in it all over at £189 and was wondering if it is worth the outlay?

For anyone that doesn’t know what it is , here’s the link

jewelultra.co.uk/

It’s ■■■■■■ bought a car from a dealer many years ago, and I was talked into parting with a large amount of cash :blush: for this muck. Buy some good quality car polish and a bit of elbow grease my man :grimacing:

I can’t open that link properly as I’m on my iPhone but it depends what your looking for. I’m a member of detailing world which is a car cleaning site for car geeks like me!!!

If you want a top of the range wax, go for svisswax best of show- at £135 a tub it ain’t cheap but the shine on my Volvo was amazing! It lasts between 6-8 months so a tub will last a lifetime.
:smiley:
To clean wheels, I would reccomend bilberry wheel cleaner which is non acidic so it won’t attack the laquer on your wheels.

I could go on and on as I must have over a grands worth of cleaning and paint protecting products in my shed- the wife goes nuts when I order more!! :smiley:

If you need any help about cleaning products, pm me and I will do my best to help!

For the price they charge no it is not worth it, its really for people who cant be bothered to put effort into cleaning their cars. I’ve used various polishes/waxes over the years at car shows and you cant tell the difference. Just spend a couple of hours doing it right with good quality polish/wax and you’ll be fine

crikey i would have another heart attack if i was paying that sort of prices for polish to my car :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Get some cheap(ish) basic polish to get rid of scratches etc, then use this :arrow_right: meguiars.co.uk/cgi-bin/specw … 12718&tp=0 .
Its not to expensive but it works realy well and you get decent water beads for a good 2/3 months.

joemaxi:
I could go on and on as I must have over a grands worth of cleaning and paint protecting products in my shed- the wife goes nuts when I order more!! :smiley:

If you need any help about cleaning products, pm me and I will do my best to help!

I don’t think i have a grands worth but i reckon ive got around £150 worth of products :wink:

joemaxi:
I can’t open that link properly as I’m on my iPhone but it depends what your looking for. I’m a member of detailing world which is a car cleaning site for car geeks like me!!!

If you want a top of the range wax, go for svisswax best of show- at £135 a tub it ain’t cheap but the shine on my Volvo was amazing! It lasts between 6-8 months so a tub will last a lifetime.
To clean wheels, I would reccomend bilberry wheel cleaner which is non acidic so it won’t attack the laquer on your wheels.

Would you use a brush on your car/lorry or only a sponge?

Don’t be so ■■■■■■■ lazy. Get yer missus out there polishing it (the car) for you.

Mike-C:

joemaxi:

Neither Mike- I use one of these bad boys!! :smiley:

detailingworld.com/forum/sho … ?p=1578109

Brushes can be very hard on “soft” paint ie Renault,Citroen and most Japanese cars and the problem with sponges is that they trap the dirt and grime on the face of the sponge which cause swirls in the paint. They are the very small circular scratches that you see on your paint if you look at it closely.

The good thing about the Wookies Fist (crap name) is that is catches the dirt, and because of the wool,its trapped in the inner layer of the mitt and not pushed against the surface of the car as a sponge would do.

I have a huge pressure washer and use a ph neutral snow foam (neutral ph means it wont strip the wax already on the car) and leave it for 5 minutes to dwell, then pressure washer it off. Then wash the car with the mitt and dry it with a micro fibre cloth which hold much more water than a chamois and is much kinder on the paint!

I know-I really should get out more… :blush: :blush: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Purchased it with new car few year’s ago and must say it’s cr@p .

Some G10 polishing compound works well for me with machine polisher .

Problem with the product your looking at is unless you have time to wash it and mess about week in week out it will not work .

It’s just a con if am honest.

joemaxi:
I’m a member of detailing world

So am I!!

BTW, I am a big fan of the reports posted by Baker21, often a couple of really fine extra details in his pics. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I reckon there should be a car/lorry cleaning and detailing section to trucknet. You could give tips and show new products etc. Also there could be diarys like on detailing world. :wink: :grimacing:
Who has the power to change the site, Rikki? I might PM him my idea. What do you people think :question: :smiley:

joemaxi:

Mike-C:

joemaxi:

Neither Mike- I use one of these bad boys!! :smiley:

detailingworld.com/forum/sho … ?p=1578109

Brushes can be very hard on “soft” paint ie Renault,Citroen and most Japanese cars and the problem with sponges is that they trap the dirt and grime on the face of the sponge which cause swirls in the paint. They are the very small circular scratches that you see on your paint if you look at it closely.

The good thing about the Wookies Fist (crap name) is that is catches the dirt, and because of the wool,its trapped in the inner layer of the mitt and not pushed against the surface of the car as a sponge would do.

I have a huge pressure washer and use a ph neutral snow foam (neutral ph means it wont strip the wax already on the car) and leave it for 5 minutes to dwell, then pressure washer it off. Then wash the car with the mitt and dry it with a micro fibre cloth which hold much more water than a chamois and is much kinder on the paint!

I know-I really should get out more… :blush: :blush: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Heh! I never even knew such a site existed! It’s actually rather useful… :blush:

Joe, what is your personal recommendation for a) avoiding getting greasy windscreens and b) fixing them if you do? I just use some normal wash n wax type stuff, bucket and sponge etc, and don’t wash the windscreen with it. After rinsing I will get a cloth and some washing up liquid :open_mouth: :blush: and clean the windscreen with that, along with the wiper blades and then rinse. This seems to solve the greasy windscreen problem for approximately 5 mins if it’s raining and then the screen goes all scaley again when using the wipers. :angry: It does my nut in, especially when it’s dark. :cry: Any ideas Joe? :neutral_face:

Lee G:
Your thoughts if you have used it please as I am thinking of getting my car professionally done in it all over at £189 and was wondering if it is worth the outlay?

/

£189

Thats double what I paid for my car.!
Still passed last 2 MOTs without any repairs and still going well, good enough to be parked in yard all week covered in dust.

removalboy:
I reckon there should be a car/lorry cleaning and detailing section to trucknet. You could give tips and show new products etc. Also there could be diarys like on detailing world. :wink: :grimacing:
Who has the power to change the site, Rikki? I might PM him my idea. What do you people think :question: :smiley:

well i agree removal…sissy :wink: , and i would say MR BILLMAN aka… MR Vain, for the mod on a cleaning section aswell,
its the best thing you have said for weeks remval sissy :wink: , it would help a few on tips how to polish alloys.tanks etc, god you are getting to clever thinking all by your self are you sure you didnt phone a freind on this :grimacing: :grimacing:

Hi Rob

there are a couple of things you can try. The first is try using autosmart g101 which is a fantastic all purpose cleaner. This should de-grease your windscreen and take off any residual crap stuck to it that washing up liquid leaves. You could also try using a mild clay on the windscreen. It looks a bit like pla sticene and can be ordered from any decent car cleaning site. I use cleanyourcar.co.uk quite a bit.Claying is mostly done on the paintwork to remove the roughness before machine polishing but will work on the windscreen as well

after this try using a sealer, I use carlack, and what this does is put a seal on the glass which disperses the water quicker. At speeds of above 40, I hardly have to use the wipers as the rain just flies off the windscreen.

Sorry about the typing but I’m at work and using my phone!

Hope this helps mate!

globby 480:

removalboy:

well i agree removal…sissy :wink: , and i would say MR BILLMAN aka… MR Vain, for the mod on a cleaning section aswell,
its the best thing you have said for weeks remval sissy :wink: , it would help a few on tips how to polish alloys.tanks etc, god you are getting to clever thinking all by your self are you sure you didnt phone a freind on this :grimacing: :grimacing:

:wink: :grimacing:

joemaxi:
Hi Rob

there are a couple of things you can try. The first is try using autosmart g101 which is a fantastic all purpose cleaner. This should de-grease your windscreen and take off any residual crap stuck to it that washing up liquid leaves. You could also try using a mild clay on the windscreen. It looks a bit like pla sticene and can be ordered from any decent car cleaning site. I use cleanyourcar.co.uk quite a bit.Claying is mostly done on the paintwork to remove the roughness before machine polishing but will work on the windscreen as well

after this try using a sealer, I use carlack, and what this does is put a seal on the glass which disperses the water quicker. At speeds of above 40, I hardly have to use the wipers as the rain just flies off the windscreen.

Sorry about the typing but I’m at work and using my phone!

Hope this helps mate!

:open_mouth: Thanks! Can any of this stuff be bought in yer average shop or does it all have to be got mail order? I want to wander into somewhere like Halfords and just buy it rather than sending off for stuff. :confused:

Autosmart G101 is only available from the Autosmart delivery/sales vans.

keep a look out on industrial estates where there are vehicle workshops, you see them around, you can buy straight from them without an account.

the G101 can be purchased in a 1 gallon container, it dilutes down 1:10 so will last for ages :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dunno about a similar stuff from halfords, don’t go there very often