Best polish for the car?

Going to give the car treat soon by giving it a polish so what’s the best to make it really shiny ? I always keep it clean and tidy but just tend to never get around to polishing it.

Thanks in advance.

I have friends who do this regularly and swear by Autoglym products. I myself prefer one called E.thnic. Costs £5 a pop and allows me more beer time. :wink:

My best Polish is Marek. He’s at the local wash 1 mile from home and always gets my car shiney.

Smooth peanut butter for your plastics.great stuff and lasts.

the maoster:
I have friends who do this regularly and swear by Autoglym products. I myself prefer one called E.thnic. Costs £5 a pop and allows me more beer time. :wink:

I fancied doing myself though, beer in left hand cloth in right hand easy.

Can’t fault ya BB, a civilised way to do things imo.

On a slightly more serious/helpful note, have you looked in claybar? Seen some really good ruesults using them but be prepared for a lot of elbow grease.
I remember reading a forum thread from a car detailer who brought his own brand new car and polished it to within a micron of its life. Will try and look for it if you have the time to read it.

If you really wanna polish your car, this guy will put you to shame - detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s … hp?t=25400

Zymol is the best of the reasonable priced products

Zymol? Isn’t that some kind of glue to keep dentures in place?

Whatever the wife cares to use :slight_smile:

Switchlogic swears by Chrome Northwest’s products. I think Lucas slick mist?

i’ll ask nikolai down at the car wash what he uses . do people actually still wash and polish their own cars ?

rigsby:
i’ll ask nikolai down at the car wash what he uses . do people actually still wash and polish their own cars ?

I wash it regularly but never polish it but thought I’d give it a treat and am happy to do it myself.

Thanks for all the replies I’ll look into it.

m1cks:
If you really wanna polish your car, this guy will put you to shame - detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s … hp?t=25400

Bloody he’ll I’m exhausted just reading it, looked nice though especially considering it’s a Vauxhall !!