DHL LINWOOD

I mentioned some time back about how the above depot run 2 x artic’s from Linwood to Edinburgh every night and the drivers stay there over night get re-loaded and return to Linwood the following morning.i also said at the time that eventually that DHL will not allow this to happen,they would not be prepaired to allow 2 artics to sit around in Linwood all day,then most of the night ( in Edinburgh) without earning.And at the time i posted this info some ppl who worked/or used to work for dhl red said that dhl red had good reason’s for this,and i had my doubts then :wink:

Well after speaking to our HR guy today at around 16.00hrs and found out he was on his way out to Linwood to speak to the 2 driver’s who do these runs to Edinburgh with regards to them being made redundant.I take no pleasure in proving ppl wrong especially when it involves ppl losing their job’s,but as i have said b4,DHL/DP have no problems making ppl redundant if it means the shareholders get more money in their pockets.I warned ppl on here that this would be looked at and these 2 runs would be filtered through the dhl trunking system,and now it looks as if it will happen.so who ever it was might think b4 he jumps in with feet 1st.

I better look out then, I spent 6 hours today doing nothing but getting paid on a DHL job. By Satrurday evening I should have clocked about 26 hours sitting about and getting paid for them this week, and that doesn’t include statuatory breaks. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

according to motor transport news (well got to do something whilst im dosing in the office :smiley: ) dhl/exel are activly recruiting in poland at this present moment in time with a view to bring the drivers to the uk.

but if there making folk redundant why do they need to recruit :question: :question:

jon

jonboy:
according to motor transport news (well got to do something whilst im dosing in the office :smiley: ) dhl/exel are activly recruiting in poland at this present moment in time with a view to bring the drivers to the uk.

but if there making folk redundant why do they need to recruit :question: :question:

jon

Sure that is not legal :confused: I was led to believe if a position is made redundant it could not be advertised again for @ least 6 months■■?

Coffeeholic:
I better look out then, I spent 6 hours today doing nothing but getting paid on a DHL job. By Satrurday evening I should have clocked about 26 hours sitting about and getting paid for them this week, and that doesn’t include statuatory breaks. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You might joke about it Neil,but DHL have been told to cut cost’s in all departments with in every depot and this includes the agency,may it be warehouse/office and drivers.Yes we will always require drivers to cover holiday’s,sick etc, but here at Mossend we have seen a big differance in the amount of agency staff we use,especially the warehouse,infact we don’t have any agency warehouse staff on any of the 3 shift’s that we run day/back/night shift.And the managers will tell you who run the shifts that they are really struggling to cope. :smiling_imp: We have seen it in the Owner driver situation,most of them have been moved on and we only deal with a select few.So Neil make the most of it while it last’s m8,as all good thing’s come to an end eventually.( unless something drastic happens in the near future)

jonboy wrote

dhl/exel are activly recruiting in poland at this present moment in time with a view to bring the drivers to the uk.

Yes this is also happening here in Scotland,they where looking for class2 drivers at the Bellshill/Livingston depots a few weeks back paying 18k per year.Exel still run their own depots and do their own hiring/firing within their depots,but i’m sure in time DP will put their pennies worth in and tell them to get costs cut down.But from what i can see when going into Exel at Bellshill they are very busy and possibily justify have that extra staff taken on.As long as they can justify it then i’m sure DP will allow it for now. :wink:

wills:

jonboy:

jon

Sure that is not legal :confused: I was led to believe if a position is made redundant it could not be advertised again for @ least 6 months■■?

I’m almost sure they can’t advertise that job for 1year and 1day,otherwise the ppl who done that job b4 can take the company to court. :wink:

kitkat:

Coffeeholic:

You might joke about it Neil,but DHL have been told to cut cost’s in all departments with in every depot and this includes the agency,may it be warehouse/office and drivers.Yes we will always require drivers to cover holiday’s,sick etc, but here at Mossend we have seen a big differance in the amount of agency staff we use,especially the warehouse,infact we don’t have any agency warehouse staff on any of the 3 shift’s that we run day/back/night shift.And the managers will tell you who run the shifts that they are really struggling to cope. :smiling_imp: We have seen it in the Owner driver situation,most of them have been moved on and we only deal with a select few.So Neil make the most of it while it last’s m8,as all good thing’s come to an end eventually.( unless something drastic happens in the near future)

At Hatfield the vast majority of the warehouse staff seem to be Polish, they have a seperate office staffed by Polish girls to deal with them. They don’t actually seem to use that many agency drivers either judging by the signing in sheets. I will make the most of it while it lasts, :wink: :smiley: off to Dublin for the second time this week for them tomorrow.

Coffeeholic:

kitkat:

Coffeeholic:

At Hatfield the vast majority of the warehouse staff seem to be Polish, they have a seperate office staffed by Polish girls to deal with them. They don’t actually seem to use that many agency drivers either judging by the signing in sheets. I will make the most of it while it lasts, :wink: :smiley: off to Dublin for the second time this week for them tomorrow.

Have a guiness for me whilst your over there m8,have a nice run. :wink:

kitkat:
Have a guiness for me whilst your over there m8,have a nice run. :wink:

I fully intened to do just that tomorrow night in The Kestral House, which is a mere ten minute stroll from the depot.

I,ve heard on the grapevine kitkat that DHL red are going back to being under the wing of DHL international . Which is what they were before DP decided to chuck them in with freight . Freight could never really do anything with them .
Only what i,ve heard .
To be honest i can think of at least 8 runs coming out of the hub at EMA that the drivers only drive for just over an hour after dossing in the canteen for 7 hours and then sleep all day . The short leg trunks will probably suffer but i doubt the long haul ones would , but hey i could be wrong .
But what do i care i don’t work there anymore !

Are DHL struggling then kit kat ? Bought too much buisness and now struggling to administrate (sp) it all ?

Still on the foreign drivers theme.
Was up in Perth doing my driver training last week.
Noticed there was a load of tipper lorries on the go ( Dodds).
The trainer said that the company had paid off all their local drivers and replaced them with foreign drivers.
I asked him how they had managed to do that as you can’t make someone redundant and take on a direct replacement within 12 months,as it’s against the law.
The trainer said he didn’t know how they had done it.
Anyone got the full story?

basically the group over all is making money, but certain divisions. Mainly Domestic Parcels (the Old Securicor Omega) are losing money.

Most of it is down to all the mergers and buy outs, they have lots of services and managment duplicated.

For example DHL red (old DHL) still do domestic parcels and DHL Blue (old securicor) still do some international parcels. So there are different parts of DHL competeing with each other.
From personal experience i know there are a lot of jobs worths in DHL Blue, who seem to think that sitting around being paid to do nothing is their right. Pretty obvious ‘no one’ was ever going to let that carry on.
There is one guy at our depot who takes out about 15 parcels and complains when they give him more work!