Dhl interview advice please

Hi Got an interview with DHL at Whitwood does anyone work for them know anything about pay etc etc .

All feedback welcome good bad or ugly please. :laughing:

Is it for Class1 mate ? i was under impression that DHL were well covered by Agencys for staff, do they have a pool of drivers too then ? Good Luck anyway :slight_smile:

tobytyke:
Is it for Class1 mate ? i was under impression that DHL were well covered by Agencys for staff, do they have a pool of drivers too then ? Good Luck anyway :slight_smile:

Yes class one mate with DHL not agency.

thecoder0:
Hi Got an interview with DHL at Whitwood does anyone work for them know anything about pay etc etc .

Have been in there on agency. They are advertising for drivers at 40 hours/week. Believe me you’ll do this in 3 days. Easy work to RDC’s large and small with a collection on the way back.

Seem a decent set of guys who are overworked and understaffed. But that’s the whole site. They’ve just gained 2 new contracts which will not fit into a site which does not have enough warehouse space, enough (un)loaders, enough trailers, and even though they’ve just got 7 new Volvo auto’s they don’t have enough units. So waiting around is par for the course.

Stan

I started with DHL last Monday at Stoke. I know they used to have some weird questions like “if you were an inanimate object, what would you be and why?” and other such nonsense, im not sure if they still do these and if theyre company wide, but be prepared just incase.

If you do get the job, good luck getting through the first day which is induction day, i did it last monday it started at 07:45 and finished at 18:00 and by about 11am i was losing the will to live. There was all the usual gumpf about safety etc, but it was beaten into you by every different commentator. It was excessive!!!

After the first day however, its a breeze so its worth enduring it. Good luck.

Oh, by the way, the drivers at Stoke are paid above normal rates but have to work to annualised hours.

Thanks for the info so Far guys

Pidger how is it going with the new Job ?

Had the interview Friday…

Come onsomeone must work for them other than Pidger spill the beans :laughing: :laughing:

thecoder0:

Don’t ask: "Take the Job :exclamation: "

Lovely P

Not been offered the job and don’t think i will I kind of got the the feeling that the agency guys that are on site will get them.

Fairplay to them if they do but I do fancy it I must admit :sunglasses:

thecoder0:
Lovely P

Not been offered the job and don’t think i will I kind of got the the feeling that the agency guys that are on site will get them.

Fairplay to them if they do but I do fancy it I must admit :sunglasses:

i wouldnt be so sure. they will always need good agency drivers and if they employ them all, they wont have any that they know when it comes to the busy periods. you might be pleasantly surprised. good luck anyway :wink:

& you get a clown outfit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

164480:
& you get a clown outfit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Handy for those xmas parties that are due soon :wink: :laughing: