deleted

deleted

i’m working outa salvesons in hull this week i’ll try find out morow if i can.

conman:
As the title says Staff at Fareham, Pontypool, and Bovey given notice of redundancy yesterday.Depots due to be closed by the end of august. The way things are going the rest of the network are just waiting for their payoff too, so much for the great Norbert takeover! What a sad first post for in the days of Swifts it was a buzzing company. Good luck to all involved.

I think we need to get slightly real here, when a company takes another over, they look for savings either before or after, NORMALLY 99.9% BEFORE ■■?

ND have an interest in South Wales, via the EX Sheddick operation, they have an interest in Pompey, and, as I have had 5 pints of Stella, Im not totally on this planet regarding Bovey, so, I cant comment on the south west …

So, anybody getting excited with the french turning up, when they already had a depot in the area, needs to take a “get real” pill :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Plus, when did you last go past the “old” Swifts depot @ Skegg ■■?

Its a bloody trading estate, FFS :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Remember, that EVERY GRAVY TRAIN HAS A SIDING, never plan for life, when you are employed by anyone of the big boys, they are not that bothered about you EVER :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Sheddicks old yard is now empty ND is gone from there.

shame if the one at easton closes as it was always one of my preffered destinations on agency

Bedford depot closes in September.

Stan

conman:
As the title says Staff at Fareham, Pontypool, and Bovey given notice of redundancy yesterday.Depots due to be closed by the end of august. The way things are going the rest of the network are just waiting for their payoff too, so much for the great Norbert takeover! What a sad first post for in the days of Swifts it was a buzzing company. Good luck to all involved.[/qu ote]

The word is that the three depots mentioned carried between them just 2% of the total tonnage of the network. Gloucester’s gonna be busy methinks. :slight_smile:

The Dentressangle french port offices will be comntrolling UK operations shortly because of the fuel subsidies.

Last I heard (before I left) was that network didn’t make any money anyway. Wakefield were in trouble because most of their warehousing was empty. Now this is a bit old but no doubt Nobbies will be looking to sort out stuff like this.

as an ex sheddick/ND driver are the 2 depots still open next door to each other @ leigh?

Not been on here for a very long time so it was interesting to see the comments about ND and yes the 2 depots at Leigh are still open I work at one of them :stuck_out_tongue:

malcolmj:
as an ex sheddick/ND driver are the 2 depots still open next door to each other @ leigh?

Yes mainly cos they are keepin the tanks goin from Leigh at the ND site and the rest from the old Salvesens place next door
Dave