Seafields Ashbourne,now gone

Seafield logistics Ashbourne depot is gone, its official, the rest will be gone by tomorrow. This aint rumour,speculation or bull, because as of app 5pm today I am officially out of work.The i.t. was taken away and the office keys handed back to the landlord. Hopefully I will be in employment by Monday, but we will see.Now time for a few beers.

Sorry to hear that, mate. Have a couple of drinks, and good luck for Monday.

That ■■■■■ big time mate, hope you land on your feet.

Got a couple of job offers so will be fine, will be sorted in the next few days.

sad news, goodluck on the job search.

i thought the bank were backing them? guess they must have been deeper in the brown stuff than originally thought.

To a point they were, they`ve been running it for a while but our work was given to somebody else and Abbey are taking over the Winsford tanker work.

Best of luck in the future.

Never nice seeing british hauliers go bump.

Hope it all works out for you Mark I will need to lookout for the new haulier at STS. Eddie.

erfguy:
Hope it all works out for you Mark I will need to lookout for the new haulier at STS. Eddie.

Won`t be able to miss them pal, will be big,blue and white, with Lomas Distribution down the side.

dowahdiddyman:

erfguy:

Won`t be able to miss them pal, will be big,blue and white, with Lomas Distribution down the side.

No surprise there then! :unamused: Plenty of firms around ‘Zoo Town’ to work for I guess, shame they folded though.

Pete.

Same yard as us (wheeldons). I’d heard seafields owed 100k+ to three company’s alone then loosing the balidon work too. Really sorry to hear mate if your stuck give Wheeldon a call he can’t get drivers ATM

Have Seafields actually gone under (again!) or have they just lost the Ballidon contract?

So many hauliers running at a loss…

Mackem:
Have Seafields actually gone under (again!) or have they just lost the Ballidon contract?[/qu

The Ashbourne work out of Ballidon has definately gone, that side no longer exists, the Winsford side lads have a meeting this morning, that is going to Abbey, as is the Immingham work. The warehousing/storage dont know for certain who,if anyone is taking that on. Basically as a company Seafields dont exist by end of today.

samc1992:
Same yard as us (wheeldons). I’d heard seafields owed 100k+ to three company’s alone then loosing the balidon work too. Really sorry to hear mate if your stuck give Wheeldon a call he can’t get drivers ATM

More than that just to the local guys, Summers, Kenty, Docksey,Twiggy, mjs, plus others. Just be thankful you didn`t have any tanks.

I work on the Immingham contract, Abbey are taking us over, we’ve got a meeting with Abbey in Hull tomorrow.

Just hope I get paid for my 65hrs I did this week.

Is it correct that slasher had a blow out on the m6 and couldn’t get a tyre firm out so they towed the lorry off and he had to hitch back with his gear ?

Dan Punchard:
Is it correct that slasher had a blow out on the m6 and couldn’t get a tyre firm out so they towed the lorry off and he had to hitch back with his gear ?

Almost. Luckily he had a mate on his way back from Glasgow who picked him up. FARCE.

paul64k:
I work on the Immingham contract, Abbey are taking us over, we’ve got a meeting with Abbey in Hull tomorrow.

Just hope I get paid for my 65hrs I did this week.

Is Darren still going to be running it.

I’m not sure! but it said in our letters from Abbey, that under (tupe regulations) that they are obliged to take on all employees currently linked to the Tata contact.