Dee Valley Transport

A mate at work gave me these to post, his dad worked there for many years.
The two F10s pictured were his dads motors. Dee Valley always ran a very smart fleet, sadly these are the only pics his dad has,
if anyone (truckerash :wink: ) has some of there old F88 pic`s then please get em posted.
Drivers pictured are, Norman, Robin and Jeff
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

nianiamh:

this a really good looking truck.

jessicas dad:

They always had a really smart well turned out fleet JD,
truckerash is now on the case for me :wink: cant wait to see what delights hell turn up with :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

nianiamh:

jessicas dad:

They always had a really smart well turned out fleet JD,
truckerash is now on the case for me :wink: cant wait to see what delights hell turn up with :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

no joke he will find some good ones for you… but take him a bit but he will come up trumps :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

here we go then lads: the first Dee Valley pic.
hasnt taken me that long to find this one :slight_smile: well not as long as the Yardley ones ay Jessicas dad? :laughing: :laughing:
be more to follow in due course.

Spot on that Ash :smiley: Many Thanks

jessicas dad:

nianiamh:

i agree, great looking fleet

not finished yet boys :wink:

heres a couple more:

This must have been one of the last 88’s. It’s on a T plate.
and why is that lump of wood sticking out the roof? :confused:

enjoy NEAL…

Could that bit of wood be the crane in the next pic ?,thanks great pictures regards derek

indeed it is a crane :slight_smile:
you win todays prize…a pie!

i know its late Saturday night. Wanted to see if anyone was being observant or not :laughing: and taking any notice of the FIAT!!

Many thanks for sorting out these great pic`s Ash

I rang Dave last night and after speaking with his dad he said after there first 88 on a H plate (sleeper)
they had 3 daycab 88s the J plate b/w pic and then 2 T plates 21T & 22T the pic of 22T youve posted was his dads motor & was the only one they had with the full address on the side of the trailer. Dave also said his dad did sometimes use the J plate one pictured, a real flying machine and can remember racing the Chuckie Chicken Scania 110s :laughing:

Ash, the T plate may have been amongst the last, but the F88 six wheeler low loader of Hercock Continental, on the 80’s post was a V plate.

yeah, i know the Hercock 88 was V reg. Wonder why that was? Anyone have any theories?? HANSON?
By then the F10/12 was well into circulation. Unless they got it cheap?..

they just keep on coming…

heres another for you Neal: Bit strange this one. Was this a Dee Valley second hand motor? Or a subby who just happened to have a day cab 88? Sorry its not more in focus to read the reg.

image resized…Denis F

truckerash:
yeah, i know the Hercock 88 was V reg. Wonder why that was? Anyone have any theories?? HANSON?
By then the F10/12 was well into circulation. Unless they got it cheap?..

They possibly bought it but never registered it for a year or so â– â–  sometimes
companies do things like that if they have a big tax liability, off sets some
of it â– â– 

Strange how they seem to buy day cab 88s when the fiat was a sleeper
they were fairly rare in day cab form ?

truckerash:

heres another for you Neal: Bit strange this one. Was this a Dee Valley second hand motor? Or a subby who just happened to have a day cab 88? Sorry its not more in focus to read the reg.

Pearsons and Dee Valley were part of the same group - hence the cross-pollenation of trailer/units

marky:

truckerash:

Pearsons and Dee Valley were part of the same group - hence the cross-pollenation of trailer/units

Thats right marky, i spoke with dave today, he thinks it was around 1968 when Pearsons bought out Dee Valley.
They bought 4 daycab 88`s 2 S plates in Pearsons colours & 2 T plates for Dee Valley.

nianiamh:
Thats right marky, i spoke with dave today, he thinks it was around 1968 when Pearsons bought out Dee Valley.
They bought 4 daycab 88`s 2 S plates in Pearsons colours & 2 T plates for Dee Valley.

Yes - that was the same information I got from a retired driver from Pearsons some time back.

One of the Pearsons motors must’ve been driven by someone from Ormskirk at some stage of it’s life, because I often used to see it parked up in the run-in to the electricity substation on County Road - directly opposite Ormskirk Motors. Prior to that, there used to be a 240 sleeper cab F88 with a chrome grille.

marky:
Prior to that, there used to be a 240 sleeper cab F88 with a chrome grille.

:cry: :cry: I bet the driver was well happy to go from a sleeper back to a daycab :cry: :cry:

Great Pictures,I remember the time you couldn’t traval down the A5 without seeing one of Dee Valley’s,by the way can I have my pie? regards derek