Deadly roads

I know this is not an English thing, but some poor bugger, 47 years old, driving a B double was killed yesterday on the gateway m/way in Brisbane. He was on a new stretch of the road that’s been open for seven days, when he rolled it, it hit a crash barrier cab first by the looks of it on the tele.
The thing is, this brand new stretch of road has a negative camber :imp: :imp: :imp: why the bloody hell would anyone with two brain cells to rub together build a road like that. Still, not to worry, there’s plenty of truckies looking for work :angry:
I just hope some git that’s responsible gets locked up.
Just remembered, some ars hole stopped and nicked some fruit and veg before driving off.

they won’t get locked up, as it’s always someone elses fault, but when things go right they are at the front of the que taking the credit.

B-doubles/LHV’s are being trialled across europe, with our road planners, we will be doomed. let’s face it, it’s the same lot who are planning these trials that banned the anti jack knife brake. :unamused:

B doubles mean less drivers/more profits, but they’re inherently bloody dangerous. Once they start getting away from you, there’s no stopping them, plus they’re a pain in the arse for everyone else on the roads. I know artics can be trouble too ( I had one take me for an unplanned trip on the wet cobbles in east London), but the b dub’s are summink else.
This is the first I’ve heard of the anti jack knife brake being banned. I know it’s not around any more, but what happened ? I s’pose some prat in a suit decided there was too many lorry drivers surviving.
I’d be interested to know.