"Fed up with Lorry drivers causing mayhem"

Read this and smiled, I was tempted to reply but can’t be bothered, what would be the point !!

weeklygripe.co.uk/a308.asp

Hmm read a couple there about lorries - perhaps we should just be banned from the road full stop. Keep morons like that happy…

G

i think someone should tell him driver accidents are usually because of muppets like him thinking that :slight_smile:

I have posted on that page and i thinks killsville has also :smiley:

I see the “make all trucks drive at night” golden oldie has surfaced again, do they understand what this would mean and the HUGE cost involved.

Edward Teller:
I see the “make all trucks drive at night” golden oldie has surfaced again, do they understand what this would mean and the HUGE cost involved.

yes so ban all cars during weekdays :smiley: :smiley: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

While we are all treating this with the disdain it deserves we have to realise that the no overtaking thing will happen. It is probably the biggest single complaint about trucks from car drivers, and from other truck drivers. As we know there have already be trials and this one is not going to go away.

Coffeeholic:
While we are all treating this with the disdain it deserves we have to realise that the no overtaking thing will happen. It is probably the biggest single complaint about trucks from car drivers, and from other truck drivers. As we know there have already be trials and this one is not going to go away.

Perhaps in a “chicken and egg” scenario then, as we are now owned by a large publishing concern, we should be pushing for as much positive press as possible. Then maybe better conditions may follow… :unamused: :wink:

montana man:
as we are now owned by a large publishing concern, we should be pushing for as much positive press as possible.

Sadly, positive press for trucks isn’t a vote winner, restricting those big, smelly, nasty juggernauts is much more of a vote winner. :frowning: :frowning:

Coffeeholic:

montana man:
as we are now owned by a large publishing concern, we should be pushing for as much positive press as possible.

Sadly, positive press for trucks isn’t a vote winner, restricting those big, smelly, nasty juggernauts is much more of a vote winner. :frowning: :frowning:

Very true but it shouldn’t stop us trying and trying and trying again… :cry:

montana man:

Coffeeholic:

montana man:

Very true but it shouldn’t stop us trying and trying and trying again… :cry:

I agree, but we may need a big old box of paracetamol to cure the aches caused by constantly banging our heads against the wall. :wink:

Oi, you, some of us are doing just that - putting the driver’s point across in the national trade press on a monthly basis! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Lucy:
Oi, you, some of us are doing just that - putting the driver’s point across in the national trade press on a monthly basis! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

which is fantastic… :smiley: :smiley: What we need is to get it out of the trade and into the publics domain…
I am sure coffee’s vids on you tube have done better than the RHA et al.s contributions in raising the publics opinion of the industry… :unamused: :wink:

So more of this and other things is required. Instead of the Unions , RHA etc trawling around Trucking environments trying to drum up business maybe they should get there butts into the public enviroment and start banging the drums…

Jeez if Steady Eddie can do it as one company , what could we achieve if the whole industry from drivers to manufacturers to unions and similar organisations put some effort in. Its no good sitting around at Truck shows congratulating each other for the shiniest lorry. Lets get out to non truck related events like motor racing or county shows or…I don’t know but what good are we ever going to do if we only ever promote ourselves to ourselves… It aint rocket science people :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Lucy:

Trouble is Lucy that in the trade press you are sort of preaching to the converted. :wink: :smiley: I don’t think some of the posters on the thread linked to above are going to be browsing the shelves of W H Smith and deciding to buy a copy of Commercial Motor, T& D or Trucking.

montana man:
I am sure coffee’s vids on you tube have done better than the RHA et al.s contributions in raising the publics opinion of the industry… :unamused: :wink:

Dunno about that, but they did raise the sales figures for the book. :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :wink:

montana man:
I don’t know but what good are we ever going to do if we only ever promote ourselves to ourselves…

Coffeeholic:
Trouble is Lucy that in the trade press you are sort of preaching to the converted.

Great minds think alike eh? :wink: :smiley:

Indeed… :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I think I broke there site though…oops :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

montana man:

All the other posts are going to be stuck behind your queue of posts now. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

montana man:

All the other posts are going to be stuck behind your queue of posts now. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

It wasn’t me I swear… :laughing: :laughing: … But dammit I will be heard… :laughing: :wink:

Posted on 11/2/2006 6:53:36 PM
Posted By RobK
Visitor Comments

Simmy276

Can I just take a moment to remind you that when one lorry is overtaking the other one on the motorway that cars are allowed in the third lane (theres another one to your right if you look next time) so why would you be sitting behind a lorry all that time?, and why on earth would you be wanting to overtake something thats going slower than you?, why cant you just sit behind like lorry drivers are expected to do.

:laughing: