Dartford Tunnel Toll

Went through tunnel in car twice on Wednesday, thought great I’ve got til midnight Thursday to pay it.

Guess what, I remembered to pay it 7.30am Friday :blush: :blush: so expecting £35 fine to drop through letterbox any day now.

Wonder how many are in similar position this week.

Nightmare place and “if” i have to use it normally do so at 0300 when no traffic.
All other times long tail backs and hell on earth!

I’m not entirely sure that they are able to issue a “fine”. I wouldn’t say for sure, but I’d say they can probably do no more than CP Plus, and send an invoice which you may or may not choose to pay.

wing-nut:
Went through tunnel in car twice on Tuesday, thought great I’ve got til midnight Thursday to pay it.

Guess what, I remembered to pay it 7.30am Friday :blush: :blush: so expecting £35 fine to drop through letterbox any day now.

wonder if they will fine you per x~ing. That’s why I set up the pre pay account I know id wud prob forget

chester1:

wing-nut:
Went through tunnel in car twice on Tuesday, thought great I’ve got til midnight Thursday to pay it.

wonder if they will fine you per x~ing. That’s why I set up the pre pay account I know id wud prob forget

Well thanks for that, I never gave that a thought.

Have just found this so looks like its gonna cost me £70

Payment must be made by midnight on the day after the crossing with fines applicable if you fail to do so. The fine for non-payment of the toll is £70. This is reduced to £35 if paid within 14 days, but increases to £105 if not paid within 28 days. The fine is for each crossing, so forgetting to make payments for a return trip could cost you £140 in total.

wing-nut:

If you went through on Tuesday you only had until midnight Wednesday to pay, not Thursday. :angry:

Martin:

wing-nut:

If you went through on Tuesday you only had until midnight Wednesday to pay, not Thursday. :angry:

Sorry my mistake, went through on Wednesday not Tuesday

Martin:

wing-nut:

Well you can’t say the new ‘rules’ haven’t been widely publicised :neutral_face:

Can’t disagree, I knew all about it, just completely forgot so its my own fault

Did they accept your payment? If yes you may get away with it.

Payment was accepted but still expecting a visit from postman tomorrow morning

You could always ask Winseer’s opinion on this.
Oh wait… maybe not

Heard on BBC Radio Kent this morning someone to do with the crossing that they won’t be issuing any fines this week because of teething problems with payment so it looks like you’re in the clear :smiley:

bobbya:
Heard on BBC Radio Kent this morning someone to do with the crossing that they won’t be issuing any fines this week because of teething problems with payment so it looks like you’re in the clear :smiley:

Hope that’s the case but still expecting the fines to drop through the door.

Might not have been so bad but journey was a complete waste of time anyway.

I havent been that way since it changed, still got Dart-tag in window!

Is it still free to use between 22.00 and 06.00 or whatever the times were when the tolls were taking cash, or do you now have to pay regardless of the time?

kindle530:

Is it still free to use between 22.00 and 06.00 or whatever the times were when the tolls were taking cash, or do you now have to pay regardless of the time?

Still free between 10 & 6 but with no toll collection I don’t know how you decide if it is free, exactly 2200 your time could be 10 or 15 seconds to 2200 their time

kindle530:

It’s free 24/7 provided you remember to stop and wrap a carrier bag around your front number plate before you go through. :stuck_out_tongue:

m1cks:
Oh wait… maybe not

He may not see it as no one has mentioned an agency yet …oh crap, lol

wing-nut:

kindle530:

Still free between 10 & 6 but with no toll collection I don’t know how you decide if it is free, exactly 2200 your time could be 10 or 15 seconds to 2200 their time

thats a thought, my tacho in my motor is 4mins20seconds slow!
Cheers for the info wing-nut.

chester1:

m1cks:
Oh wait… maybe not

He may not see it as no one has mentioned an agency yet …oh crap, lol

Don’t mention agency!!! That’s why I went through bloody tunnel in first place.

ADR Network at Thurrock, complete waste of time