Dartford tolls to go

Its oficial, and i have also just read in my local paper, Dartford tolls are to be removed next October, they are being replaced with number plate recognition cameras, sadly, the tolls will still remain, and must be bought in advance, from shops, by phone or texts//e.mails, failure to buy a valid ticket, will cost £70 extra by way of a fine, but drivers have until midnight the following day to pay for their ticket.
This could coincide with the road network charge being put into place for foreign operators, thats my assumption, because there is no mention of them regarding the bridge/tunnel tolls.
Neither is there a mention of dart Tags but one would assume that this is a sure way to pay in advance, as many companies already do.
This new idea, will of course ease congestion at the countrys biggest bottleneck.
There is also a consultation going on with regard to building a second bridge across the Thames, to join with the M25/A13 network. I will post any new updates as soon as i get them.

Great apart from all the cloned number plates

Great,we now won’t have to keep sticking those rear number plates in the windscreen with the dart tag stuck on the wrong way round :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Yes they are going to remove the toll booths but the toll charge will still be in place will be operated the same way as the London congestion charge is operated their is no need to bulid another bridge or tunnels once the toll booths are removed their will be no congestion unless or course their is an accident the dart tag will work the same as it does now once the booths are removed it will be done on number plate recognition

Great, currently we have to pay then claim back on next weeks expenses, congestion charge is paid by the office same day so this will be too, and slightly fewer queues.

I’m betting there will be more accidents due to all the lane swapping after the tolls going clockwise as the speeds will be higher.

Them southerners can afford it!:wink:

Looking at the number of vehicles that have deliberately corrupted number plates, I’m not sure this will work.
You know the ones I mean… Brand new 4x4 all clean and shiny, but with 6 week’s grime left on the number plate, obscuring it. Perhaps they put climgfilm over it when going into their weekly car wash?
Or those plates with hard-to-read text fonts.
Or plates that have a 3 distorted into an 8 by strategically places screws…
etc etc

pikee.jpg

Never mind Dartford, I used the Severn bridge into Wales last week for the 1st time in over a year. £18.60 for any vehicle over 3.5 tonnes :open_mouth:

Born Idle:
Never mind Dartford, I used the Severn bridge into Wales last week for the 1st time in over a year. £18.60 for any vehicle over 3.5 tonnes :open_mouth:

Thats just stupid!

Born Idle:

Go the long way round! :laughing: m5, m50, a449 and a40 :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:

Born Idle:

Go the long way round! :laughing: m5, m50, a449 and a40 :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

. . . which costs more than £18.60 in fuel and wages…

Every little helps :stuck_out_tongue:

Praise Jebus!