Dangerous Drivers?

Is it just me or are there a lot of so called professional drivers out there who are giving the rest of us a bad name…For instance today driving a tanker up the A421 towards Milton Keynes on a single carriageway in the country im driving at 40 mph behind me is an artic low loader just edging to get past me he waits for a small straight then out he comes i look at him as he passes me and gives me a dirty look ,i shaked my head in disbelieve and he cuts across me causing me to slam on my anchors to avoid his trailer taking me out. :imp: .He must have been doing at least 48-50 to get past me that fast......Now it just makes me so mad that when i took my class 1 i felt like an ambassador of the road but now maybe the liecence means didly squat...Im disgusted with the way ive seen british drivers and the attitudes of them…I know every one is not like this but more and more on a daily basis i am seeing this standard of driving… :exclamation: …Any other stories out there to back mine up…

I’ll bet there is not a day go by that every driver on here does not see at least one of these muppetts.

Noodles:
Is it just me or are there a lot of so called professional drivers out there who are giving the rest of us a bad name…For instance today driving a tanker up the A421 towards Milton Keynes on a single carriageway in the country im driving at 40 mph behind me is an artic low loader just edging to get past me he waits for a small straight then out he comes i look at him as he passes me and gives me a dirty look ,i shaked my head in **disbelieve** and he cuts across me causing me to slam on my anchors to avoid his trailer taking me out. :imp: .He must have been doing at least 48-50 to get past me that fast......Now it just makes me so mad that when i took my class 1 i felt like an ambassador of the road but now maybe the **liecence** means didly squat...Im disgusted with the way ive seen british drivers and the attitudes of them…I know every one is not like this but more and more on a daily basis i am seeing this standard of driving… :exclamation: …Any other stories out there to back mine up…

i feel the same way about spelling simple words :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

almost had an MAN driver rear end my trailer today on the M62, i was at the os edge of the 2nd lane passing a wide load when in my mirror i see this man driver hurtling up behind me i had to cwtch up to the wide load just to stop him hitting me, all because he wanted to pass us and there were cars in the inside lane, also not long after that almost had a wandering flatbed full of steel take out the front of my cab, all in all a good day lol

yella:

Noodles:
Is it just me or are there a lot of so called professional drivers out there who are giving the rest of us a bad name…For instance today driving a tanker up the A421 towards Milton Keynes on a single carriageway in the country im driving at 40 mph behind me is an artic low loader just edging to get past me he waits for a small straight then out he comes i look at him as he passes me and gives me a dirty look ,i shaked my head in **disbelieve** and he cuts across me causing me to slam on my anchors to avoid his trailer taking me out. :imp: .He must have been doing at least 48-50 to get past me that fast......Now it just makes me so mad that when i took my class 1 i felt like an ambassador of the road but now maybe the **liecence** means didly squat...Im disgusted with the way ive seen british drivers and the attitudes of them…I know every one is not like this but more and more on a daily basis i am seeing this standard of driving… :exclamation: …Any other stories out there to back mine up…

i feel the same way about spelling simple words :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Why do people feel the need to pick up on mis-spellings IMHO it’s the content of the post that’s important not the spelling.

Unfortunately it’s happening more and more these days, I’ve noticed some lorry drivers have become as impatient as motorists. For example, you’re travelling at 56mph on a motorway and you overtake a truck doing 54mph on the flat. As soon as you start descending a hill knobhead overtakes you because he’s heavier. You then have to overtake him again. Can’t these knobheads think ahead and control the speed of their descent?

There used to be a time when trucks coming downhill would stop and allow you to pass an obstruction if you were struggling up a hill. Sadly, it doesn’t happen anymore.

Waht do yew mein i cant spel!!
Come on guys im sorry about the spelling, my brains not working too good at the mo!! Long day and im parked up in this cr**py services for the night…

i always try to help out a strugging driver if they are intent on getting passed even if we are matched then i will back off a bit unless heavy and about to climb a hill, i always flash drivers in, thank for being flashed in and i try to help other drivers if they appear to be having trouble reversing

We should have some means to name and shame the bad drivers for what they are!! :wink:

Mr B:
Why do people feel the need to pick up on mis-spellings IMHO it’s the content of the post that’s important not the spelling.

it was a light hearted joke, im sure if you climb down from your high horse you would notice the smiley faces at the end of the post :unamused:

yella:

Mr B:

it was a light hearted joke, im sure if you climb down from your high horse you would notice the smiley faces at the end of the post :unamused:

I’m

:laughing:

8wheels:

yella:

Mr B:

I’m

that is punctuation, not spelling :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i’m off my high horse, it’s just one of my pet hates.

yella:
…that is punctuation, not spelling :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s a ‘contraction’ to be precise!

Noodles:
We should have some means to name and shame the bad drivers for what they are!! :wink:

Suits me, put my name at the top of the list! Happy now? Thought not. Can’t please all the people all of the time. Live and let live. Its all give and take in the real world. Some people just make an error of judgement? You ever done that?

i think we have all been guilty of rushing to get somewhere at some point in our career

yella:
i think we have all been guilty of rushing to get somewhere at some point in our career

Exactly! And my in cab crapper could of prevented it! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There are millions of dangerous drivers out there. They are quite easy to spot and deal with. You can use your signals to slow them, you can move out of their way, you can compensate for their actions. I have come across many risk takers in my time.

I got one sacked for his attitude when on a fleet day risk assessment. He had a Beemer a £35000 job but not anymore.

The fact is many drivers do not know they are dangerous it is only when someone like myself points out the risk that they see the light…

This is hard to take for drivers, they are, after all like most drivers do, think they are the best. :unamused:

yella:

8wheels:

yella:

Mr B:

I’m

That is punctuation, not spelling :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This is you being lazy, choosing not to make use of capital letters.

2:1 8wheels :laughing:

Perhaps bad drivers should have their errors SPELT out to them :wink: :laughing: