Damaged load!

If you’ve been to Hinckley on a collection and when you got to your drop and you were turned away because your load was damaged and damp you may find that the whole roof of your trailer has been deposited at the side of the road by the 15’ bridge on the A5. Oooooops! :open_mouth: :wink:

i thought that bridge had flashing warning signs :question:

No, like a lot of good idea’s round here the lights packed up 12 months or more ago I think someone hit them with a trailer. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I go down that road every day, and regularly see bits from roofs which have struck the bridge. if the lights are out or order then is it possible that because the lights didn’t flash then the driver assumed he was low enough to go under. i know we have have height markers in the cab, but mines a flat back trailer and the load height varies everyday. Luckily the maximum i go up to is 14ft 6" so I can pass under easily.

It’s more fun without the lights, It’s sport! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ladytrucker679:
No, like a lot of good idea’s round here the lights packed up 12 months or more ago I think someone hit them with a trailer. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

even if lights where out,there whould/should have been a height marker sign along that road warning you of low bridge.if not then i think a call to the local council would be in order to rectify it. :wink:

It’s well marked before roundabouts in both directions and painted in a lovely yellow and black which can be seen from a distance like I said it’s sport. :wink:

It’s well marked before roundabouts in both directions and painted in a lovely yellow and black which can be seen from a distance like I said it’s sport.

can we all join in :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Where did I put that step trailer :laughing:.

David5l:

It’s well marked before roundabouts in both directions and painted in a lovely yellow and black which can be seen from a distance like I said it’s sport.

can we all join in :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Everybody welcome the lads round here seem to buid up steadily so they can gain the expertease required, regular re arrangement of security barriers are reccomended. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
The most successfull syncronised barrier team I witnessed was BHS Atherstone where the out gate was obliterated while the repair team were 6’ away repairing the in gate. :laughing: Pure Class.

Can I just point out that it wasn’t me :open_mouth:

Ladytrucker679:
Can I just point out that it wasn’t me :open_mouth:

Stressful isn’t it having a high vehicle. I helped a friend move on the weekend. I was his “designated driver”. Nice and steady and slow everywhere. Too many speed cameras and he couldn’t afford to lose the £250 deposit if I dented it :frowning:

Anyway, it was 13ft or there abouts… And it had high sides… I’m not used to driving something with a high roof. Big pointy bits on it but no box on the back.

Managed it though. His ideas of the length of the vehicle was interesting. I should have guessed when he said there would be enough room to reverse into a bay… and we were left half blocking the road… Hmm. Perhaps not.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: