Yet again !!!

A5 at Hinckley , bridge been bashed again … don’t some drivers realise that the height indicator in the cab is there for a reason ?

id think the reason for hitting the bridge aint the height indicator as ive never paid attention to one in a cab yet.
if you dont know your height then measure it with a tape measure before you start,or before the bridge if its going to be tight.
theres a difference in slightly scraping a bridge when your almost through which is just bad luck if your committed, and taking the lid clean off which is complete oblivion to your surroundings.

Can be cured with a warning sign a hundred or so yards before the bridge saying " CHECK YOUR HEIGHT NOW"
Ignore the sign and hit the bridge at your peril

When I had a trailer height indicator it always showed the highest trailers we had on the fleet, anything else would fit. It worked for me.

I came past there just before 5.30 this morning heading south, it was carnage and he must have hit it at some speed as he was at least an artic length clear of the bridge. Looks like it used to be a double decker. The traffic car came honing up behind me lit up like a Christmas tree so I elected to drive over the contents of the trailer rather than be stuck in a road closure once the cop pulled up.

Going by the local rag, it was a load of Mayonnaise and Beer that was all over the road, the truck has now been removed, but they reckon that it will be closed all day as the road has to be resurfaced ■■

pierrot 14:
Going by the local rag, it was a load of Mayonnaise and Beer that was all over the road, the truck has now been removed, but they reckon that it will be closed all day as the road has to be resurfaced ■■

Mayonnaise is mostly made up of oil so guess it made the road very slippery…

Surely they could just pressure wash it clean . Or would that be un-environmentally friendly ?

pierrot 14:
Surely they could just pressure wash it clean . Or would that be un-environmentally friendly ?

Quite possibly don’t think they’d be allowed to wash it down the grid tbh

pierrot 14:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

its a shame the cattle truck wasnt also involved or they could just have started the easter weekend early by setting fire to the lot and having a nice barbeque :slight_smile:

FW.jpg

dieseldog999:

pierrot 14:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

its a shame the cattle truck wasnt also involved or they could just have started the easter weekend early by setting fire to the lot and having a nice barbeque :slight_smile:

Slightly confused,if the decker taking a nap hit the bridge then where’s the cattle wagon going?

1. he could be allowing the pigs to have a jolly on the mayo…2. he was just passing by.

truckyboy:

1. he could be allowing the pigs to have a jolly on the mayo…2. he was just passing by.

And heading for the bridge the other wagons just hit■■? :open_mouth:

Given the amount of closures in that area last night and the confusion of diversion signs, I almost feel sorry for the driver. Almost. No excuse for hitting a bridge, no matter how lost you are.

That picture appears to be taken in summer time and shows 2 vehicles belonging to L Buxton livestock hauliers, one vehicle obviously involved in recovering the load of the other.

Cosmic:
That picture appears to be taken in summer time and shows 2 vehicles belonging to L Buxton livestock hauliers, one vehicle obviously involved in recovering the load of the other.

16th July 2015, Brentwood.

to be honest i know that stretch of road very well and that picture didn’t look familiar.

m.a.n rules:
to be honest i know that stretch of road very well and that picture didn’t look familiar.

they moved the bridge, the A5 bridge has electronic sensor that flash up on a sign, telling you that you are to tall

malcolmgbell:

m.a.n rules:

they moved the bridge, the A5 bridge has electronic sensor that flash up on a sign, telling you that you are to tall

Yeah problem is thay flash all the time. With no words either. I only know what it’s supposed to say because I live local and remember it when it worked lol.

It was all clear at 1.30pm when I went under it.

pierrot 14:

And someone arrives with a ■■■■■■■■ of bread and cold meat for a picnic