Daily Express

Anybody seen the article in the Express today about the ministry road side checks and truck drivers?.

No sorry

I was trying to be diplomatic. As the article is mostly about foreign truckers breaking driving hours regulations and getting away with it ; as they can’t be traced. And the ministry not sure in some cases if they even have a valid licence.

So the Express listened to Radio 4 aswell. :laughing:
Well I suppose it save’s leaving the office and perhaps getting out of London :open_mouth: to follow up a story.

I got stopped last week by the ministry on the A236 by Croydon. They checked everything, as usual, then proceeded to ask me THREE TIMES if I had a class 1 license.I started to get a bit shouty back at him, he then turned round & said that I looked a bit shifty & that he didnt believe me! :open_mouth: :confused: :open_mouth:
T.■■

tortoise:
Anybody seen the article in the Express today about the ministry road side checks and truck drivers?.

no

I have just trailed out to tescos and bought a copy so i hope its gonna be worth it :wink:

Also isnt it strange impulse buying i went for a paper and came back with 12 carlsberg and a leg of lamb, So it looks like todays plan will be to get [zb]ed and eat lamb :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

simon

You should have left the lamb and got a few extra can’s in it’s place :laughing:

tortoise:
I was trying to be diplomatic. As the article is mostly about foreign truckers breaking driving hours regulations and getting away with it ; as they can’t be traced. And the ministry not sure in some cases if they even have a valid licence.

You mean that, surely not, you mean like some British truckers breaking speed limits in France and getting away with it :open_mouth: .

Whatever next :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ?

Salut, David.

kitkat:
You should have left the lamb and got a few extra can’s in it’s place :laughing:

The lamb was very tasty by the way after i eventually got the dragon to burn it :laughing: :laughing:

And im half way through the cans so i may need an offi run later

simon

Truckette:
I got stopped last week by the ministry on the A236 by Croydon. They checked everything, as usual, then proceeded to ask me THREE TIMES if I had a class 1 license.I started to get a bit shouty back at him, he then turned round & said that I looked a bit shifty & that he didnt believe me! :open_mouth: :confused: :open_mouth:
T.■■

Why not just SHOW him your licence :confused: :confused: :unamused: