Has anyone seen todays News of the World?

If you have a copy, turn to page 23.

Carole Malone has written a yet more rubbish about truckers in the UK. I can’t scan the column, but it goes something like…

"I was driving on the M27 thinking about the tragedy of the 6 deaths on the M6 this week, when I saw a lorry driver with a mobile phone to his ear and a sandwich in the other hand and his elbow on the steering wheel.
Oh, did I mention he was doing 90mph in a 10-ton articulated lorry"

I have written to her at: carole.malone@notw.co.uk informing her of her obvious mistakes and to ask her to please stop villifying lorry drivers and to recrify the errors in next weeks publication.

Fair enough if the story was true about a numpty driving with mobile + sandwich, but if she’s adding a good 40+ mph to the story then I dare say it’s probably a load of rubbish.

If anyone has a scanner/camera they might want to put a pic of the column on this message.

Maybe I’m just in a bad mood and you should ignore me… Whatever suits.

Paul.

Got a speeding ticket in my Actros 120mph. Boss said it wouldnt do that over a cliff. Anybody sugest a good cliff??

She’s just a battleaxe with a crap facelift. :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Good Cliff…

Try

Cliff Richard

bum tish !!!

that facelift was the result of being hit by a 10 ton artic doing 90mph !!!

dozy tart springs to mind !!

must admit the 90 m.p.h bit did make me laugh

heres what it say on the web site…scroll down on this page.
newsoftheworld.co.uk/columni … e53136.ece

Very few 10 tonners bend, and even less of them would do 90mph downhill with a hurricane behind them! Daft moo doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

i want that truck, brill truck for multi drop orlong distance. youll get there in no time

plus when was she an expert of truck weights?

daft bint

Well i did feel i had to respond to that, especially the prat called Alan who claims not only to be a class one driver, but one that also drives class one vehicles that can do 90mph without a problem.LOL

If you are going to lie then you really should get your facts straight before doing so :laughing:

omg… pmsl… anyone read the “your comments” bit on the website■■?

News of the World website:
In response to Geoff, yes at one time articulated lorries would struggle to get to 60 but that is not the case anymore- I’m a Class1 HGV driver and I have driven artics which are faster than some people’s cars and, especially on a motorway- 90mph is not a problem. And Carol was only guessing at the 10 ton so don’t be so picky, you know what she meant! Not defending that driver are you?!

I’d say someone cant read an odometer… or… they need VOSA to have a look at thier limiter.

:laughing: Stupid cow.

Here’s one of the responses:

Re Trucking Lunatic:

Er um why were you doing 90 do you not know the speed limit is 70 on a motor way …
Must have been a real small artic
Thats if you know what an artic is
Fact the weight of most tractor units alone weigh 7ton’s the trailer of most artics weigh in the region of 7 tons eh 7+7 = 14 well it did when I went to school so Ms your 4 ton light
As a profesional Truck driver I can show you more bad drivers than you could afford penny sweets
Starters for 1 look in a mirror

By Adrian Nicholas. Posted October 26 2008 at 12:41 PM.

Would Adrian frequent this site at all■■?

However the conclusion of her article

If we had more police officers patrolling motorways and fewer speed cameras, idiots like the one I saw on the M27 would be in jail by now and the Stathams might still be alive.

was very valid and I think one could forgive her exaggeration in light of highlighting one of the very real reasons as to why standards on our roads are degenerating so quickly, leading to the unnecessary deaths of people like the Stathams.

for the news of the world getting kph and mph mixed up is about right.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

SWraith:
omg… pmsl… anyone read the “your comments” bit on the website■■?

News of the World website:
In response to Geoff, yes at one time articulated lorries would struggle to get to 60 but that is not the case anymore- I’m a Class1 HGV driver and I have driven artics which are faster than some people’s cars and, especially on a motorway- 90mph is not a problem. And Carol was only guessing at the 10 ton so don’t be so picky, you know what she meant! Not defending that driver are you?!

I’d say someone cant read an odometer… or… they need VOSA to have a look at thier limiter.

he was reading 90 kph or he is from ireland and running bent :smiley:

stupid cow,

who wants to invite her for a day with a driver to see what we have to put up with? i would but i would make sure it was a 15 hour day delivering to tescos with a couple of trailer swaps going on.

i’ve just emailed her and cant wait to see what her response is!!!

If it’s in “The News Of The World”…then it MUST be true :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

90 mph when’s he goin to get in to top gear.
God help us if thats the standard of journalism

jayeastanglia:
heres what it say on the web site…scroll down on this page.
newsoftheworld.co.uk/columni … e53136.ece

I AM [zb] STEAMIN NOW! STUPID ■■■■■. I DAREN’T REPLY TO HER.

language edit…Denis F

daleyboy:
Well i did feel i had to respond to that, especially the prat called Alan who claims not only to be a class one driver, but one that also drives class one vehicles that can do 90mph without a problem.LOL

If you are going to lie then you really should get your facts straight before doing so :laughing:

i agree with alans comments, he’s gonna wonder wtf you’re on about,
he commented on kerry katona
louise is the one who thinks she’s a driver :laughing: