Has anyone seen todays News of the World?

Ski:
However the conclusion of her article

If we had more police officers patrolling motorways and fewer speed cameras, idiots like the one I saw on the M27 would be in jail by now and the Stathams might still be alive.

was very valid and I think one could forgive her exaggeration in light of highlighting one of the very real reasons as to why standards on our roads are degenerating so quickly, leading to the unnecessary deaths of people like the Stathams.

Whoa, hold on a minute… Before anyone starts generalising on the cause of the death of the Stathams (as lots have done already).lets look at some facts…One Portugese driver has been charged,but three lorrys where involved? And in the case of traffic coming to a halt when have you known three lanes to come to a halt at the same time? Usually lane three gets ‘static’ first, how do you know the Stathams didn;t pull out of lane three into his path? You don’t have a kloo, neither does Malone.
Lets not forget,its only a year or two ago that using a mobile fone whilst driving wasn;t technically illegal, using a bluetooth headet is legal. The only difference between the two acts is that one has his hand to his ear. Just as one might rest his hand on his gear lever, which is not illegal, and as far as i’ve come across not percieved as ‘dangerous’.
Some people are just not happy unless they can blame some one cut and dried. Accidents don’t happen, there’s always someone responsible…really thats a solicitors and insurers mantra. Its also fast becoming one on here too. Someone just made a mistake, and as yet, we don;t know who. Well apart from Malone…And you…

God help us…words fail me . And as a new member , i think i"ll keep my comments reference the NOTW doris to myself… :smiley:

90 MPH… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

stupid cow!! just left a comment on the notw website but i don,t think it will be put up! nobody to buy the sun or news of the world comics ever again! nobs!!

MR VAIN:

jayeastanglia:
heres what it say on the web site…scroll down on this page.
newsoftheworld.co.uk/columni … e53136.ece

I AM [zb] STEAMIN NOW! STUPID ■■■■■. I DAREN’T REPLY TO HER.

language edit…Denis F

Ummmm you need a chill pill or why don’t you invite her along to your Bungee Jump. She could join you but forget about her Bungee, or just use knicker elastic for her jump. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Anyway, who gives a toss what some ‘plastic face’ thinks? Her opinion is irrelevant, who is she anyway? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I find the whole thing funny, just goes to show how uninformed she is and what standard her journalism must be.

Attitude from non-truck drivers posting messages on that site, doesent surprise me.

Truck drivers are either driving along at 20mph holding everyone up, or doing 90mph down the motorway.

Was thing in i think it was the Glasgow Herald recently, someone said drive along the M8 constantly see truck drivers doing over 70mph, it got reply from some head transport guy maybe from RHA, who basically stated trucks are limited to 56mph.

Even with his reply he was shot down in flames getting told he should get out the office more, most trucks on the M8 are doing over 70mph.

Lets face it a lot of idiots about, no point getting worked up about it.

fastest i’ve been in a driven truck just over 70 Dukes F7 well in the red
fastest i been in a truck downhill about the same

The only 10 ton arctics I can think of would be the dray wagons which are 11 ton thats as close to 10 ton as they get.

This ■■■■■ is just a shock jockey trying to maker a name for herself.

This articulated vehicle can be quite light… And it’s ferrari, so it could be also fast :wink:

prichardson:
If you have a copy, turn to page 23.

Carole Malone has written a yet more rubbish about truckers in the UK. I can’t scan the column, but it goes something like…

"I was driving on the M27 thinking about the tragedy of the 6 deaths on the M6 this week, when I saw a lorry driver with a mobile phone to his ear and a sandwich in the other hand and his elbow on the steering wheel.
Oh, did I mention he was doing 90mph in a 10-ton articulated lorry"

I have written to her at: carole.malone@notw.co.uk informing her of her obvious mistakes and to ask her to please stop villifying lorry drivers and to recrify the errors in next weeks publication.

Fair enough if the story was true about a numpty driving with mobile + sandwich, but if she’s adding a good 40+ mph to the story then I dare say it’s probably a load of rubbish.

If anyone has a scanner/camera they might want to put a pic of the column on this message.

Maybe I’m just in a bad mood and you should ignore me… Whatever suits.

Paul.

if she did see that then she was speeding and should be reported.

so lets report the reporter :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

this is what she wrote

Truckin’ Lunatic

''DAVID and Michelle Statham and their four children perished in a fireball on the M6, having been rammed from behind by Portuguese lorry driver Jorge Nogueira De Silva.

Their deaths were hideous, horrifying and totally avoidable.

I was on the M27 this week, thinking about how tragedies like this happen, when I saw him–a lorry driver with a mobile phone to his ear.

In his other hand he was clutching a sandwich and his elbow was resting on the steering wheel.

Oh, and did I mention he was doing 90mph?

So one elbow was controlling a 10-ton articulated lorry.

If we had more police officers patrolling motorways and fewer speed cameras, idiots like the one I saw on the M27 would be in jail by now and the Stathams might still be alive’'.

Think she missed out “And then it disappeared in a bright flash of light and all that remained was a fire trail……leaving an echoing thunder in its wake.” :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :exclamation: :exclamation:

I am amazed that if this truck was allegedly travelling at 90 mph she was able to clearly see what the driver was doing.

He may have been on the phone telling his boss he need’s a fuel truck to pace him as his “Gulping” diesel tank is about empty. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exclamation:

The gearing on that lorry must be a custom job, cos for long in the red zone the engine would be toast,
Did she report it to plod, how about publishing the reg details, doubt it, cos it isn’t true, and if shes a so called columnist/reporter there are ways of finding out about the driver and the truck in question in order to get the facts right, FFS.
More self opinionated, sensationalist bollox to sell newspapers, riding on the back of a horrendous tradgedy, they should be ashamed.

Wasn’t the NOTW behind the truckers fuel protest a wee while ago?

Edit: for her to see the truckers antics at 90mph wtf was she doing speeding, unless it was a lhd, but as the details are vague…

i added my comments to the story but strangely they haven’t been included! We should all e-mail her to tell her what we think of her.

Judging by her very nice picture, she would appear to drive a cabriolet with the top down at very high speed. I do feel her heavy use of makeup may cause her to see things incorrectly, the whole thing is absurd anyhow, not the speed or the weight issue, but to even suggest a mere truck driver in this day and age can afford a sandwich is quite beyond belief

I feel the only use for her is to use her face as a 3D map of the Himalayas and provide her cosmetic surgeon with a shaper knife. Anyway back to the garage now, my Cosworth 5th wheel conversion is giving me gipe

prichardson:
"I was driving on the M27 thinking about the tragedy of the 6 deaths on the M6 this week, when I saw a lorry driver with a mobile phone to his ear and a sandwich in the other hand and his elbow on the steering wheel.
Oh, did I mention he was doing 90mph in a 10-ton articulated lorry"

Obviously an amateur. An experienced driver would have controlled the steering wheel with his knees so he could pour his flask and roll a ciggie. :laughing: :unamused:

Stan

Mike-C:
Whoa, hold on a minute… Before anyone starts generalising on the cause of the death of the Stathams (as lots have done already).lets look at some facts…One Portugese driver has been charged,but three lorrys where involved? And in the case of traffic coming to a halt when have you known three lanes to come to a halt at the same time? Usually lane three gets ‘static’ first, how do you know the Stathams didn;t pull out of lane three into his path? You don’t have a kloo, neither does Malone.
Lets not forget,its only a year or two ago that using a mobile fone whilst driving wasn;t technically illegal, using a bluetooth headet is legal. The only difference between the two acts is that one has his hand to his ear. Just as one might rest his hand on his gear lever, which is not illegal, and as far as i’ve come across not percieved as ‘dangerous’.
Some people are just not happy unless they can blame some one cut and dried. Accidents don’t happen, there’s always someone responsible…really thats a solicitors and insurers mantra. Its also fast becoming one on here too. Someone just made a mistake, and as yet, we don;t know who. Well apart from Malone…And you…

Whoops, looks like I hit a nerve!

Calm down a bit and read my post - I said people LIKE the Strathams - because like YOU said, we don’t know what the true cause is of that particular incident.

I maintain that despite being factually incorrect (when has any journalist let the facts get in the way of a good story) the point of this article was very valid!

And I don’t, and never will accept your reasoning that “Someone just made a mistake” in relation to this case… well that’s all right then - a mistake that led to the death of 6 people, but it’s ok they didn’t mean it.

Ski:

Mike-C:

Whoops, looks like I hit a nerve!

Calm down a bit and read my post - I said people LIKE the Strathams - because like YOU said, we don’t know what the true cause is of that particular incident.

I maintain that despite being factually incorrect (when has any journalist let the facts get in the way of a good story) the point of this article was very valid!

And I don’t, and never will accept your reasoning that “Someone just made a mistake” in relation to this case… well that’s all right then - a mistake that led to the death of 6 people, but it’s ok they didn’t mean it.

Until there’s been a court judgement all the driver is guilty of is being a foreigner which to some people on here is a hanging offence by itself.

HANG ON GUYS, WE’VE GOT HER ALL WRONG :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: I was thinking about her words of wisdom, and then it came to me. She’s just bitter and twisted. She APPARENTLY sees a lorry driver eating a mobile phone whilst talking on his sandwich! Steering with his elbows! No wonder she’s annoyed, shes just realised the best multi taskers around are on the road and out of her reach! I sincerely hope she’s ■■■■■■■■ frustrated, ■■■■■.

Shes just another dizzy cow…with nothing better to do

It must have been one of these that this stupid woman saw.

http://freespace.virgin.net/scammell.man/scarab.html