BBC 2. Life in the fast lane. Tuesday 9/9/14

Truck drivers breaking restrictions on th :smiley: is new four part documentary about behind the scenes of the workers on the M6.
My tv guide quotes “Safety inspectors work late shifts on the hunt for heavy freight drivers breaking restrictions. "
For a start, do they mean DVSA enforcement of commercial vehicles.
The DVSA check points on the M6 are open 24 hours ,so there is no late shift.
The one north of Birmingham and another one near Stafford in both directions.
Once again ,the transport industry will be portrayed in a negative way to the thick general public.
I can see it now " Exhausted driver of a 44 ton Gord Transit van driver nearly kills other motorists.”
Or juggernaut monster killer was over his hours.
They will not say the laybys were full up and he drove five minutes iver to find a safe place to park.

toby1234abc:
Once again ,the transport industry will be portrayed in a negative way to the thick general public.

The BBC shows tend to be much more balanced than the mockumentaries the commercial channels spew out. However just the title doesnt hold out much hope and I think your assumption might be right. a.)no such thing as a fast lane b.)we’re not allowed to use the outer lane anyway so it dies seem that we could be gettting set up for a fall before the program even starts.

If the public want these huge death bringing juggernauts off the road then they should stop buying stuff.

viking7000:
If the public want these huge death bringing juggernauts off the road then they should stop buying stuff.

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: how am I gonna get me shopping I cant just live on eggs from my local egg producer :unamused: hmm ok maybe I can and then bottle the gas :wink: :wink:

Police will say lorries travelling at 70 mph.Over loaded and over tired drivers risking the lives of other road users.
A menace to society and should be banned says a man wearing a woolly jumper and glasses that look like milk bottle bases.

Ive just seen it advertised,theres no mention of juggernauts etc,its about the upkeep of the roads and what goes off behind the scenes ,looks interesting :neutral_face:

seth 70:
Ive just seen it advertised,theres no mention of juggernauts etc,its about the upkeep of the roads and what goes off behind the scenes ,looks interesting :neutral_face:

bet they don’t show the miles and miles of closed motorway with no-one working or the total ■■■■ ups of diversions put in place where inadequate signage has been put out :unamused: or not put out as the case is

I know they have some wombles on, some cone planters on and some rozzers on.

No mention of paying £30 for a urine soaked piece of tarmac with no security guard at night to deter the diesel fairies and Edward Scissorhands the trailer slasher.

Not really a good view of truckers when you see those guys dodging around the cones to beat the diversion and bottles of pish everywhere.
Gave me an idea about improving lane discipline though. Have that nice quiet tarmac on the inside lane, noisier road surface in the middle and a real annoying racket in the overtaking lane, Where would you rather be?

Not much about truckers on last night show, but interesting none-the-less.

Those two do-gooders who lived 20 feet from the M6 who had the audacity to complain about night-time road works irked me. The pair of them were obviously after something out of the HA. I did have a wry smile when the HA guy did a night-time/day-time decibel check and found the night-time workers where quieter than the normal daytime traffic noise.

Had to feel for the old couple who lived virtually underneath the main carriageway - jeezus!! :open_mouth:

Vegas33139:
I did have a wry smile when the HA guy did a night-time/day-time decibel check

For me it was when he visited them and said goodnight, im off to bed.