d + d

i know that d+d is an industry disgrace…however that was the charge that i found myself with 2 years ago…
i get my licence back on the 23rd of this month…and want to get back on the road driving big artics again…
i don’t drink any more…gave up about 13 months ago…and feel much better for it…
i live in preston lancs…and would really appreciate any advice…or reality checks…or job offers…or anything really…
thanks

Hi Axles you have “spent” your conviction for the above offence as you say you get your licence back on 23rd of this month firstly is that your “car” licence as you don,t say if you are to get your HGV licence back as you may have to go before the traffic commissioners to get your HGV back.

Thiscan be asked for by the T/C,s so I would check first to see if you are getting your HGV back as well.

Your biggest problem will be getting an agency or employer to take you on with D/D on your record most won,t give a job as they have a loading on their insurance for this offence.

I suggest you sound out a few agencies first to see if they can find you something or try a few local firms as holiday relief etc. but don,t get despondent just because a few firms say no at first but be bit wary of the firms who will try and use your conviction to get you to run bent knowing you might have trouble getting employment elsewhere just remember to learn how to say NO you don,t want to put your licence in jeopardy again with the traffic commissioners by breaking the law remember there will always be other jobs (you only have one licence) and the T/C,s can soon remove it.

Good Luck!

A lot of bigger fleets and agency wont entertain DR10 or more than 6 points so you need to go for a smaller firm who will judge you on ability.

Although you have served your time the licence still shows DR10 for 11 years

I have moved this thread to a more appropriate forum.
Best of luck Axles.