czech road tax

can’t find the sticky regarding the tax system.what will i have to do when i get to the borderWas told i’ll need to hire a box and then load this up with the amount of tax for the journey.Will be in and out in a day if that any help.Cheers all.

You’ll need to buy the box either at the border or from a service station. If you buy the “pay as you go” type, just put credit on, either by cash or one of the recognised fuel cards, eg. DKV/UTA. The vendor should be able to tell you roughly how much credit you’ll need. Don’t forget the return trip!
Alternatively, if you go to CZ often enough, its worth getting one registered on account, Again, if your company has a DKV account, it can be charged to that. Make sure the box has the right setting, ie. number of axles, or you will find yourself getting pulled.

Cheers for that gb1.We use euroshell cards so hopefully be able to get it on that.Don’t know how regular it going to be yet.This is the first load out to there.Will remember to get it for the return journey to,Thanks.

daftvader:
can’t find the sticky regarding the tax system.what will i have to do when i get to the borderWas told i’ll need to hire a box and then load this up with the amount of tax for the journey.Will be in and out in a day if that any help.Cheers all.

There you go, fella: PREMID

it was there have a look at this LINK

brit pete:
it was there have a look at this LINK

It still IS there, in that sticky.

Near the bottom of the first, main post there’s a bit titled - Road Taxes in a variety of types.
Then there’s a list, at the bottom of the list is an entry - The Premid site for CZ.
The word Premid is in blue, that is the link to the Premid site.
That’s the same site Inselaffe has linked to for you.

Cheers for that guys.much appreciated.

yes you can use euroshell thats what we use its about 50 euro for the go box tell the vendor where you are going to and will be exiting czech n they will roughly tell you how much credit you need to put on the box .the 50euro is refundable if you hand the box in on exiting czech too

Little bit of topic, but you may want to know that the Czech police have been cracking down on “excessive lighting”. So if you have a lightbar or some other luminous decorative items fitted, turned them off or will have a police guy jumping round, poiting at it and showing you a EU directive on vehicle lights, their numbers, positions, intensity etc. 500CZK is the “going rate” (~20e). Foreign vehicles may be less at risk, but locals are hunted down.