czech republic

off there on sunday to arrive tuesday lunchtimeish.

any pointers would be grateful at the moment

dont know the border xing or name of town

ok have got addy and found the place on google map.jablonne nad orlici east of prague

wha i would like is info i.e at the german/czech border and tolls.

Done a job to Prague a couple of months ago,crossed the border at Widhaus.
Park as close to main building as poss(one with resuarant/shops ect)and go to office on ground floor to get road tax. Take vehicle log book and insurance with you, tell them where you are going.
You have to hire a box that sticks on the screen and they will put enough credit on it to get you to your destination and back to border.
When you are leaving Cz, take the box back into toll office and get deposit back, found the people at border v helpful. Good cheap food and booze.If going into city centres, watch out for low bridges and tram power lines :laughing:

many thanks :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good luck, did you get a Sat Nav ?

no not yet :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

neil46:
wha i would like is info i.e at the german/czech border and tolls.

why you need info about german border? surely from iraq you would come up through all the other flipflop and sock countries first■■?

surely from iraq

probably cos i aint in iraq :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

maybe you not in iraq but that bloke on the left of the screen says you are :smiley: maybe you should have a word with him :wink: :wink:

just remember also that the speed limit is 80 klicks if i recall corectly and that counts from the moment you have picked your load up

for eg you load up up in birmingham and are delivering to prague the czech police still do ya for doing 90k in england or france etc i found out this just before xmas and they did my dad a couple of weeks earlier too i said to the copper this aint right and he just shrugged his shoulders saying you must pay

*quick edit im on me dads profile i thought i logged into mine

daf95:
just remember also that the speed limit is 80 klicks if i recall corectly and that counts from the moment you have picked your load up

for eg you load up up in birmingham and are delivering to prague the czech police still do ya for doing 90k in england or france etc i found out this just before xmas and they did my dad a couple of weeks earlier too i said to the copper this aint right and he just shrugged his shoulders saying you must pay

you must have older truck with tacho disc cos on digi only overspeed records speed. if you print off any previous day for driver won’t show speed of vehicle so no worries about getting fined

welshboyinspain:

daf95:

you must have older truck with tacho disc cos on digi only overspeed records speed. if you print off any previous day for driver won’t show speed of vehicle so no worries about getting fined

yeah its a xf before it all went digi proper behind the steering wheel jobby not above ya head lol

many people slagged off the digitach when it came in but i think its good for us drivers.
perfect for proving how much time driven and as long as you run legal never any problems or made up fines from some dodgy foreigner in need of financial help

lashed out on a brand new garmin nuvi 255 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Niel ,have a look through the EURO STICKY
it has infor mation, also put CEZCH in the
search and look through the Euro posts forum
there is a lot of stuff all ready posted,
If you are driveing a lorry with analouge system
the German police can not do you for speeding
when it was not in Germany,They can only do you for
speeding when they can prove it was in Germany,
check the other stickys as well to ensure you
know what you Must have with you, ,it is
still required to be equipped for the winter
weather in many countrys,

daf95:

for eg you load up up in birmingham and are delivering to prague the czech police still do ya for doing 90k in england or france etc i found out this just before xmas and they did my dad a couple of weeks earlier too i said to the copper this aint right and he just shrugged his shoulders saying you must paye

rotflmao, this is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. actually the speed limit is 70 and you must pay a fine of €99 at every fuel station in cz, even if you haven’t been speeding, but were only thinking about it :laughing: