Off to praha

hi all.Heading of to praha on sunday for a wednesday am tip.Having never been there before.Was wondering if any you old hands can advise me to the best route to take.Cheers all. :smiley:

WHICH Dock are you coming into Europe at, do you have a obu unit for Germany
also ,Have a read of the stickys as this will answer some of your Questions
here is one suggestion when coming from Calais
HERE
A nice place to stop is TONI;s on the A3 EXIT (ausfahrt)76;;

Hi brit pete.Will be coming on the train.The route on the map link you gave me looks like the one i worked out on my AtoZ.Don’t have the german obu unit.will get my tax at the border.will need unit for tax in the czech republic though won’t i?.

Am i ok to drive from calais to aachen on a sunday.Is there any bans in force along there at weekends?.Thanks.

YES You can drive along the transit corridor via dunkirk ostende , Driveing Ban in Germany
stops at 2200hrs Sunday, what time are you getting to Calais and how much time will you have left
ref Driving/working,if you work it right I believe you could be there Monday night or early Tuesday
morning, yes you will need TAX for Czech look in the sticky s the site is there in Euro posts,
a couple of point rush hour traffic on the A4 Aachen–Köln is normal 0700–0950hrs
and by on the A3 again 0700–1000hrs Köln, Frankfurt, to Würzburg,
if you have any more questions ask away as some one will give a answer and we have loads of members who
come over the water to Europe,By the way keep your distance; Stick to speed limits, and watch
the no over takeing BAN , RIGHT now the Important bit
Remember your camera for the pictures, and the write you have volunteered to post
we will all be waiting with bated breathe ,and have a nice trip :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Why are you leaving Sunday where are you coming from in the UK. i often do a drop 2 hours the other side of Prague and do it easy in 2 days going from Rushden northants. caution move every thing of your dash table as Prague has got one of the worst ring roads in Europe. i presume you will be crossing in to Czech on the A6/E50.

thetourist:
Why are you leaving Sunday where are you coming from in the UK. i often do a drop 2 hours the other side of Prague and do it easy in 2 days going from Rushden northants. caution move every thing of your dash table as Prague has got one of the worst ring roads in Europe. i presume you will be crossing in to Czech on the A6/E50.

going over on sunday at the tm’s request.It the first load we’ve done to czech.were’nt sure how long it would take so he obviously thought it would take longer.Knowing me it probably will. :laughing:
haven’nt got a table so no problems there.Will be coming in on the a6/a50.

Oh yes brit pete will defo be taking the camera.as for a write up.watch this space. :smiley: :smiley: .Will be sticking to the overtaking ban no probs.We limited to 56.don’t think i’ve managed to overtake anything yet over there.Had plenty come past me though.Thanks for all the help guys.

daftvader:

thetourist:

going over on sunday at the tm’s request.It the first load we’ve done to czech.were’nt sure how long it would take so he obviously thought it would take longer.Knowing me it probably will. :laughing:
haven’nt got a table so no problems there.Will be coming in on the a6/a50.

Oh yes brit pete will defo be taking the camera.as for a write up.watch this space. :smiley: :smiley: .Will be sticking to the overtaking ban no probs.We limited to 56.don’t think i’ve managed to overtake anything yet over there.Had plenty come past me though.Thanks for all the help guys.

I’m going that way this week just short of the Czech border if you see a belkin truck give me a shout and we can grab a coffee

Ok.Will keep an eye out for you.I.ll be in a merc actros.White with c&h hauliers on front and sides.You’r motors easier enough to spot.seen a few about.