Prague - advice please

Doing a run to Prague,shipping out Thurs pm.Job involves taking a 26t ridgid
loaded with sound + lighting equipment for a concert in city centre,tip Sun am ,
reload same gear Weds am :open_mouth:
Havent done Euro for 2 years and would appreciate any info on
German maut, Formalities at German/Czech border- road tax in Czech?
Do i need CMR for this gear or just manifest ?
Safe parking in Prague for 3 days
Thanks in advance

Years since I’ve been to Czech.

German MAUT you can get anywhere. There are stickys explaining all about it on TruckNet but the machines are fairly easy to use and at the border there is somebody to help you in the MAUT office if you need it.

Roads in Czech are fine, I think you still need road tax which you will get on the border. Always give way to trams.

Have a good trip.

Right read the following stickys euro points
snow chains, these will give you some information
put in the search button cezch-and see what it turns up
i have put various links below ,there are two for the maut
am still loking elsewhere to seee if i can get any more tips
if i can i will post them. you will need winter tyres and get snow chains
Fill out a CMR , as this can save any bother if they start to GET umpty.

parking try looking through thisIRU-PARKING-2007

FOLLOW THE LINK DOWN TO no,50 Aand have a read

READ- NO;50

ALSO THIS

THIS above sites are in english and may help

plus these CEZCH

MAUT-CEZCH

MAUT-CEZCH:2

will try and get some more information if i can
and will post it asap,

Thanks for the info so far - much appreciated

All i will add mate is prepare to queue at the German / Czech border . Mind you , with Stage Truck written down the side of the Trailers , we blasted past everyone and told the Border / Customs we had a T.V show in Prague that night :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Road Tax for Czech you will get at the 1st bureau / office inside the Czech border .

Last time i went was in 2005 , was on Stage Truck doing the Green Day tour…they played at an Arena in Prague ( can"t for the life of me recall what the place was called , sorry ) but there was plenty of space to park and it was Secure as well .Good Luck :sunglasses:

Hello,

I was there last month. No problems, an open border like everywhere else in Europe. You will need a box for your window, which you can get at the main border crossings I think they charge 1500 (whatever it is) for the box and another 1500 credit. I went from the border at Waidhaus to Prague and then north en-route to the Swedish ferry at Radstock and it used up most of that credit

Traveling there is about a 2 day jaunt, obviously depending on where you start from …

As suggested there is plenty of places to park at the arena - although it looks like its seen its best. I left my unit and trailer there for a week and had no problems. You should be OK. Eating and drinking is cheap as it the public transport.

Like most places in Europe these days Czech is a great more civilised than the UK!

Just do a CMR for the goods, thats what I always do - I carry concert/conference stuff also - and get a manifest from your client alongwith a letter saying that the kit has duty paid in the UK belongs to the company and will be returning to the UK after the event. I always get this type of letter it certainly adds some credbility for the customs guys - although I doubt many of them pay too much attention.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards

Paul

like the above said, the road tax is now a box you have to buy at the border, i think they are pre pay unless your company has an account? (someone will probably know better), where are you doing in the town? can you not park there for the duration of the gig?

euromat:
like the above said, the road tax is now a box you have to buy at the border, i think they are pre pay unless your company has an account? (someone will probably know better), where are you doing in the town? can you not park there for the duration of the gig?

Dont know the exact location until i pick the lorry up tomorrow morning -
forward planning eh !! :confused:

Who are you on for Suedehead ? pm if preferred, cheers. :wink:

have a few more sites

CEZCH

RULES-REGS

HINT

HAVE you got wintertyres ,plus snowchains,
you need to have them,even if you do not use them.

Plambert:
Hello,

I was there last month. No problems, an open border like everywhere else in Europe. You will need a box for your window, which you can get at the main border crossings I think they charge 1500 (whatever it is) for the box and another 1500 credit. I went from the border at Waidhaus to Prague and then north en-route to the Swedish ferry at Radstock and it used up most of that credit

Traveling there is about a 2 day jaunt, obviously depending on where you start from …

As suggested there is plenty of places to park at the arena - although it looks like its seen its best. I left my unit and trailer there for a week and had no problems. You should be OK. Eating and drinking is cheap as it the public transport.

Like most places in Europe these days Czech is a great more civilised than the UK!

Just do a CMR for the goods, thats what I always do - I carry concert/conference stuff also - and get a manifest from your client alongwith a letter saying that the kit has duty paid in the UK belongs to the company and will be returning to the UK after the event. I always get this type of letter it certainly adds some credbility for the customs guys - although I doubt many of them pay too much attention.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards

Paul

You spent a week in Prague?? You lucky sod … most I have ever spent there was 4 days. Did you visit that huge wall enclosed market (was called the ‘Russian Market’) on the north side of the river?? I had a ‘lot of fun’ in there :wink:

It’s the law to use dipped headlights in the daytime :exclamation: :exclamation:
And stay legal :exclamation:
If you fall foul of the local plod for a traffic offence they will confiscate your passport and vehicle documents until you stump up a cash bond (Czech currency only), which equates to about €900.
Your case will then to forwarded to the local prosecutor for judgement and to set the level of your fine.
If this is set below the level of your bond, you will be reimbursed the balance (yeah, right :imp: ) or will be invited to pay the outstanding balance.
No on the spot fines for Johnny Foreigner in the Czech Republic, as anyone driving a truck from western Europe is perceived to be a cash cow.

So I’m told, obviously :wink:

Apart from that, a great country.
Have a good one, mate :exclamation:

Inselaffe:
It’s the law to use dipped headlights in the daytime :exclamation: :exclamation:
If you fall foul of the local plod for a traffic offence they will confiscate your passport and vehicle documents until you stump up a cash bond (Czech currency only), which equates to about €900.
Your case will then to forwarded to the local prosecutor for judgement and to set the level of your fine.
If this is set below the level of your bond, you will be reimbursed the balance (yeah, right :imp: ) or will be invited to pay the outstanding balance.
No on the spot fines for Johnny Foreigner in the Czech Republic, as anyone driving a truck from western Europe is perceived to be a cash cow.

Strange that cos I got told it was a serious offence to park where I had and got fined 40 Crowns (right currency??) which equated to £4.

TheBear:

Inselaffe:

Strange that cos I got told it was a serious offence to park where I had and got fined 40 Crowns (right currency??) which equated to £4.

OK, you might get away with it for a minor parking offence but my message is, if you do anything that they perceive to be exceedingly naughty, you will be screwed.

f you fall foul of the local plod for a traffic offence they will confiscate your passport and vehicle documents until you stump up a cash bond (Czech currency only), which equates to about €900.
If this is set below the level of your bond, you will be reimbursed the balance (yeah, right Evil or Very Mad ) or will be invited to pay the outstanding balance.

The “Autohof” truck drivers talk again :astonished: I was in cz last week with another 2 drivers and 3 units on the way to Slany to pick up 3 trailers , we stopped on a service area between Bruno and Prag for the night,went for somthing to eat, and came out to find the unit from a mate blocked in from the cz vosa,they had been driving around the car park tipping reg Nrs of the trucks in there laptops, my mates unit had been driven in cz on the D1 towards Dresden on the 3 july and the 23 july with the "Go Box " set at 2 axels and you could clearly see on the photos a trailer behind the unit. The driver had been on holidays the whole of july and you could clearly see on the fotos he hadnt been driving, it was one of our “aushilf fahrers” who had obviously forgotten to switch the "Go Box " to 4 axels after picking up a trailer.All the vosa wanted to know was the name and the address of the driver who had been driving on the 2 days so they could send him the fine with the post We only knew his first name and asked how much was the fine, 4000 krone was the reply and only krone, no €, into the filling station exchange 160€ for 4000 krone, pay vosa,vosa clears the offence in the computer,collect the 160€ from the boss on the weekend finished, drive in Germany with the OBU on the wrong axel setting , fixed fine Driver 150€ Boss 300€ = 450€ for one offence cz 160€ for two : :confused:
8 years driving from Germany into PL,CZ,SLO,SK,A,I,SP,P,F,CH,B,NL,DK;S;N 180,000km in year and only paid once in Spain 120€(no green card) but a lot more in Germany :astonished:
Geoff

gbtransp:
The “Autohof” truck drivers talk again

Don’t think so, bonny lad.
Was just relating what happened to me when I was pulled in Pardubice a couple of months ago :angry:

some fines paid from our drivers this year

Failing to stop at a stop sign; France 90€
Overtaking in a no overtaking zone on the motorway and not wearing a seatbelt France 130€
No Vignette Belguim 250€
No headlights during the daytime Poland 20€
Driving 4hrs 48min Chez 90€
Overtaking on a 2 lane motorway Belguim 70€
Driving with a German Tradeplate in Danemark 70€
Parking in a no parking zone Chez 30€
83 in a 60 zone on a motorway Italy 70€

Some "autohof truck drivers talk

Fire Ext test date overdue Poland 500€
Driving 5hrs without a break Chez 700€
Driving 90 on the motorway in Holland 900€ or 100€ for evrey klick over 80
Driving 10hrs 45min France 2600€ raising to4200€ for calling the Gendamarie “idiot” in German
and the list goes on and on

Now i am not suggesting that you didnt pay in Chez, but you can see the fines abroad are not that much different to what you would pay in Germany what bugs me on the matter is that young drivers are refusing to drive abroad because of the horrendus fines they must pay "if they forget to indicate driving out of a French roundabout

which is precisely why I bury my head in a book when abroad, GB, and never listen to the crap that gets said on ferries etc.

i got nicked for speeding and going through a weight limit a couple of years ago leaving prague, the copper haggled himself down saying comprimise (mainly cos i just nodded and agreed with whatever he said, as i dont speak a word of czech!!!), and promptly marched me to the cash machine which was close by (handy eh!), think the fine was around 50 quid all in.

i go back there tomorrow, the gig im going to is surronded by low bridges and weight limits, so im hoping to make it in wothout getting stuck or fined!!!

I love Czech, although not been much since it was split in half in 1993. I still remember the old fines where the police man gave you a wad of 10 krown tickets as receipts for the fines.

I normally paid a massive fine and then gave the policeman a tin of coke that cost more than the fine :stuck_out_tongue:

I love Czech and Hungary. They are the most interesting countries I have ever worked in or driven through