cycleist

i am wondering how you treat cycleists on the road as one on sunday drove so close as to put his back tiyers on to my tiyer the ting is i wos pushing the bike up a hill with the wife in frunt of me the bike tiyrer wos on the wihte line ,he drove up be hind us and paped his horn the wagon 1 1/2 foot then he swung rite in so tralor came rite in and this wos on a srate part road he f & b as he passed this wos a milk tanker sham ther wos no name on it ,then with in two minets anuter artik came up be hind and came in at us the wife fell in the bushes he then dove up to the bushes rite in frunt of us put his hazerd lites on cus & swore at us i herd the cab door open then slamed shut as i went rownd into the rode not as brave as his gob ,hope you can under stand me as im us at speling , this hapend yester day on the A65 :angry: :angry: :angry:

As far as how lorry drivers treat cyclists - and cyclists treat lorry drivers, that’s a whole can of worms that I’m certainly not getting into. It’s difficult to say exactly why this happened to you without knowing much more - but I would hazzard a guess on this:

You say you were going uphill - have you any idea how difficult it is to keep momentum in a heavy vehicle going uphill? I would suspect that the lorry lost speed over-taking you (maybe having to slow down to wait for a gap) and then oncoming traffic forced a sooner than optimum return. If he had stayed behind you he would have lost even more speed and may not have been able to complete the manouvre at all. The fact that two lorries gave you grief, leads to me to believe that there was something you were not doing that could have allieviated the situation.

Most lorry drivers understand, through experience, the problems encountered by cyclists. However, I would think a much lower percentage of cyclists either know, or care, about the problems faced by lorry drivers - sometimes caused by cyclists!

I’m not excusing any bad driving here - just think that two problems in a row is suspicious…

yes i am a wear of wagons that lose momentum but ther wos no wear els for us to move to as ther wos only 9" of road to the hege from the outer whte line ,the thing is im not a numpty on the wagon as i wos a fitter for best part of 30 years and on the road mobile for nearly 20 for national co

i give them as much room as i can, though it is a pain being slowed down by them.

though i saw a cyclist get knocked down by a car today, car driver waited till the cyclist got up onto the pavement, then proceeded to drive away. she didnt even get out her car to see if he was alright.

Just as car drivers forget that lorry drivers are car drivers too - many lorry drivers also ride bikes. By asking how we treat cyclists, you are inferring that the two are mutually exclusive, and that there is a ‘them and us’ culture. We are all road-users. I do not know why you had a bad experience as I was not there (honest!), but I can say with some degree of confidence, that it is unlikely that you were bullied just for being a cyclist. :wink:

Cyclist 1 no insurance 2 No licence 3 No mot 4 No road tax 5 They own the road arrogance.

phil the book:
Cyclist 1 no insurance 2 No licence 3 No mot 4 No road tax 5 They own the road arrogance.

This must be a wind up.

1, Several hundred thousand cyclists do have (at least) 3rd party insurance, via CTC, BCC etc.
2, Most cyclists are car drivers and motorbike drivers and even truck drivers.
3, No self respecting cyclist would ride with shoddy gear.
4, Because motor vehicles chew up the road and have to pay for repairs via road tax, conversely roads tend to knacker bikes, does that mean cyclists should get refund for repairs from road tax revenue?

Phil (and others) you need to differentiate between cyclists and those that ride bikes, I assure you there is a huge difference.

I always try to give cyclists and bike riders as much space as possible…

However it is frustrating whenthey are riding 2 , 3, or even 4 abreast ,

Also why in towns when there is a cycle lane provided do some not all cyclists still ride on the road.
The local councils have spent good money on providing a safe traffic free section of the road and it isnt used.

I have had cyclists shouting at me and waving me past when i can clearly see that there isnt enough room for me to pass safely, I dont mind being held up for what realistically is a matter of seconds but some cyclists expect you to overtake as close as possible so they can moan about it on various forums.

Sorry rant over ive taken a pill thanks matron :wink:

we weur in as close as posibull pushing them up the hill and in line with wife in frunt ther wos no pavment on ether side its the wife who cudent ride all the way up.as for no mot no this or that its not illegal is it and if it wos i woodent have a priblem with it ,iv dun enuf miles but wot hapend on sunday just begers beleaf :exclamation:

:neutral_face: :neutral_face: Beginning to suspect that there may be a garden path involved here… :unamused:

tomyjackson:
i am wondering how you treat cycleists on the road as one on sunday drove so close as to put his back tiyers on to my tiyer the ting is i wos pushing the bike up a hill with the wife in frunt of me the bike tiyrer wos on the wihte line ,he drove up be hind us and paped his horn the wagon 1 1/2 foot then he swung rite in so tralor came rite in and this wos on a srate part road he f & b as he passed this wos a milk tanker sham ther wos no name on it ,then with in two minets anuter artik came up be hind and came in at us the wife fell in the bushes he then dove up to the bushes rite in frunt of us put his hazerd lites on cus & swore at us i herd the cab door open then slamed shut as i went rownd into the rode not as brave as his gob ,hope you can under stand me as im us at speling , this hapend yester day on the A65 :angry: :angry: :angry:

WTF. Come on… At least learn how to string a sentence together before trying to write stuff. This is just taking the ■■■■.

While I normally object to people pulling apart other members posts for spelling and grammar and ignoring the content, In this case the content is so bad it can only be a troll trying to get a bite and (God help me) agree with Rob.

tomyjackson:
i am wondering how you treat cycleists on the road as one on sunday drove so close as to put his back tiyers on to my tiyer the ting is i wos pushing…etc etc

What´s that winding noise I can hear? :stuck_out_tongue:

now that is just wot id expsect from a bunch of men who are all wagon and no trousers ,i do think iv got my anser , im not haveing a pop at all of you as ther are sum good lads amongst you

i will not be back

phil the book:

Lorry Driver 1 Yes normally 2 Some don`t 3 Yes 4 Yes 5 They own the road arrogance!!!