CV show 2008 day one

Quick report on what to expect in your attending the CV show over the next couple of days.

First its busy, very busy :laughing: :laughing: The themes of the show this year seem less on new models or major launches, but rather on ā€œGreenā€ issues and surprisingly driver training (CPC).

It seems at times almost everyone will be offering driver CPC training, from manufacturers to operators. and judging by the mass of people at the DSA/VOSA stand dedicated to the drivers CPC it is a subject high up in drivers and operators minds.

Everywhere you look at the show the exhibitors are pushing their " Green" credentials, electric, bio fueled and Hybrid vehicles abound.

With the economic slowdown forecast it would be fair to say the mood at the show is hardly upbeat, but despondancy hasnt set in either. ISUZU new range of midweight rigids are certainly attracting a lot of interest as is the HINO stand. Possibly because lead times for these manufacturers are a lot less than the European truckmakers and buyers who need a truck are looking further than their traditional suppliers.

You buying the coffee on thursday Rikki ? A few us are meeting at the stand at 12 if they show up

What about food willie!? Iā€™ll be there 12:00 Thursday.

And the dancing girls !!!

Donā€™t have to be dancing!!

I must say it was ā€œOKā€, not as good as previous shows.

I could not for the life of me find you trucknet people? Who were u sharing with?

As Rikki said alot of green and driver cpc issues covered, not alot of Major launches.
I must say I have never seen a Hino close up, sat in one today, impressed by it, I think a couple of years and they will catch up with the likes of Scania, Volvo and MAN.

Enjoy the show, those that go, and take a packed lunch lol! ! ! !

Am bloody shattered now, trying to get the whole lot in one day is not a good idea!

Coffee will be available, and I will be on the stand (or outside having a ciggy) at 12 noon Thursday.

To find us we are in Hall 7 behind the IVECO stand ā€¦ We are sharing with Commercial Motor/Motor Transport and Road transport.com

Rikki-UK:
Quick report on what to expect in your attending the CV show over the next couple of days.

First its busy, very busy :laughing: :laughing: The themes of the show this year seem less on new models or major launches, but rather on ā€œGreenā€ issues and surprisingly driver training (CPC).

It seems at times almost everyone will be offering driver CPC training, from manufacturers to operators. and judging by the mass of people at the DSA/VOSA stand dedicated to the drivers CPC it is a subject high up in drivers and operators minds.

Everywhere you look at the show the exhibitors are pushing their " Green" credentials, electric, bio fueled and Hybrid vehicles abound.

With the economic slowdown forecast it would be fair to say the mood at the show is hardly upbeat, but despondancy hasnt set in either. ISUZU new range of midweight rigids are certainly attracting a lot of interest as is the HINO stand. Possibly because lead times for these manufacturers are a lot less than the European truckmakers and buyers who need a truck are looking further than their traditional suppliers.

When & Where is this Please :wink:

Last Day tomorrow NEC Birrmingham

www.cvshow.com

willie_mac:
Last Day tomorrow NEC Birrmingham

www.cvshow.com

Thanks willie_mac :wink:

Just getting sorted to set off for 7:30 to get there in plenty of time. I will see you at 12 on the Trucknet stand. I am wearing a white shirt and jeans, so you should not be able to miss me with all the ā€œsuitsā€ around the place.

Cheers

New Blood

Not a bad show,i came out Ā£401 lighter though,iā€™ve just ordered one of those VDO Dayton sat navā€™s purpose built for truckā€™s with low bridgeā€™s,weight limitā€™s and a tv built in.
Should be with me in a fortnight,i hope it lives upto the bumpf!