CV show Birmingham

Will you be attending the CV show at the NEC next week?

If so be sure to drop by stand 5531 in Hall 5 where TruckNet UK, Roadtransport.com, Truck & Driver and Commercial Motor will be.

introduce yourself and I may be persuaded to buy you a coffee or something stronger :slight_smile:

See you on Tuesday.

White no sugar :laughing: :laughing:

Shoudn’t that be CU Next Tuesday? :laughing:
I’ll be along at some point, although I have said that for the previous 3 years and something has always come up that has prevented me from attending. Here’s hoping.

I was intending to go - got me ticket! But, won’t be able to make due to work commitments (eg, they expect me to do some) :unamused:

However… one of my jobs today was to join 3 other drivers in the task of transporting the MAN/ERF vehicles from Middlewich to the NEC for their stand. Between us we took 4 units, 2 rigids and a military 6 wheeler. It was a bit nerve wracking cos they had been polished and cleaned etc, in showroom condition. But we got em there ok.

I was intending to go but I have to attend hospital on tues mor then Dr on wed :cry: so have to cancel

Hope it all goes wel :wink:

got me ticket, same as I have for the last couple of years :wink: maybe this will be the year I actually go - depends on work and a few other things :unamused:

Was going to go but work is a bit busy now.Used to have a quick look at the new gear and then go round again and look at all the lovely totty!!!
Shame that you never see them when you deliver to these places! :confused:

How much does it cost to get in and what’s there? :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Saratoga:
How much does it cost to get in and what’s there? :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

cvshow.com/

tickets are free if you register on the website or at the show entrance

It’s probably aimed more at fleet operators than drivers though :wink:

if I find myself with a day off I might make a trip out to it

Denis F:

Saratoga:

cvshow.com/

tickets are free if you register on the website or at the show entrance

It’s probably aimed more at fleet operators than drivers though :wink:

Oh dear. Looks like I’ve got my own company now… :unamused:

But I’m only here for the research :smiley: :open_mouth:

ohdearwhathaveidone :blush: :blush: :blush:

We are coming on Thursday - I’ll look out for you Rikki.

got my ticket ,guide and map (map!! could’ve sent me a satnav :unamused: )…Anyway it says commercial motor, roadtransport.com and motor transport are on stand 5331 and it only mentions truck & driver on 5531 …NO mention of tnet.uk :frowning: have they now got a different stand to you and truck and driver or is this a typo on the map

Same stand, !! arrangements for the CV start almost straight after last years finished !!

But you cant miss us, the stand has TruckNet UK is wrapped round the front, ( will try to dig up a photo for you…)

Wont be coming now :frowning: It was either gonna be CV show or Truckfest Peterborough and i didnt think i was gonna be able to do Truckfest this year…But guess what?..I can make it to Truckfest now :smiley: :smiley: So i wont see you at CV but i will come see you at TFest :sunglasses: :wink:

We expect a diary of the CV show Rikki btw… :stuck_out_tongue:

Reef:
Wont be coming now :frowning: It was either gonna be CV show or Truckfest Peterborough and i didnt think i was gonna be able to do Truckfest this year…But guess what?..I can make it to Truckfest now :smiley: :smiley: So i wont see you at CV but i will come see you at TFest :sunglasses: :wink:

We expect a diary of the CV show Rikki btw… :stuck_out_tongue:

:cry: :cry:
for anyone else who may be coming to day or tomorrow look for this

and I should be somewhere nearby… :wink:

Rikki-UK:

The bar by any chance Rikki :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Working hard or hardly working :question: :wink:

montana man:

Rikki-UK:

He was in a suit. Looking very smart and all and on the constant lookout for people… :unamused: :unamused:

I made it, met Rikki, had a cuppa and a chat and met Jonnie (I think :blush: ). Then spent another 3 hours wandering around, tiring out, taking photos and enjoying myself. Well worth it :wink:

Saratoga:

montana man:

Rikki-UK:

He was in a suit. Looking very smart and all

One of these suits by any chance.â– â– ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I completely missed the TNUK stand. Didn’t see the picture above until tonight. :blush:

What a brilliant show it was though. Was there in my newly-founded, official ‘driver trainer’ capacity. :slight_smile:

Had a really good time and met lots of interesting people.

We are having a driver CPC training centre at our depot. The training manager and I found out loads of useful info regarding this. The guys and gals at the FTA, DSA, VOSA, RHA Skills for Logistics and Freight Best Practice stands were great. I think our training manager will find the task much easier now. The whole CPC thing is a little clearer in my mind also.

A very big ‘Thank-you’ to Mercedes-Benz and Volvo who kept us full with free food and drink all day long. I certainly wasn’t expecting waitress service from Mercedes-Benz!! :open_mouth: You both really did put on an excellent spread. Scania, MAN, Iveco and DAF please take note for next year. :wink:

I am looking forward to trying out the demonstrator Euro 5 Actros PowerShift and FH480 I-Shift we should be getting shortly as a result of today. I think I am mostly going to be using the Volvo which will be nice because I have a soft spot for Volvos.