Our CV show at the NEC

Just spent the day at this years CV show at the NEC,£10 to park and free to get in once you have filled out details to obtain your pass.Well Volvo’s highest and finest was the star
of the show and DAF had it’s new model there,looks good not bad for a cab as old as our granny.Iveco with it’s new rig,looks OK don’t expect it’s as expensive as the others,so worth a look.
Then a wander round and I offer my deepest sympathy to all you guys and gals who have to deal now and in the future with all the techno,covering what the driver does at work even in
cab cameras to watch you pick your nose.
And you might even meet Rikki,you’ll recognize him in his demob suit,standing around like an undertakers assistant,good to meet you at last Rikki.
Loads to see,some of it seemingly extremely useful,liked the locking wheelnuts now available.And if truck bit’s n pieces ain’t your thing some of Birminghams finest young ladies/models
are working the stands,absolute stunners.
Now to conclude which truck would I buy,one stood head and shoulders above ALL others,we did search around the Volvo,the DAF couldn’t find one anywhere
until we checked out the new Actros and fellow addicts will fully understand my Mercedes choice,it was the only NEW rig with an ashtray.
Good show,decent people working the stands and free coffee and bickies no prob.and you might even get a feed if you know a local rep.there.Enjoy.

Guess you didn’t look hard enough at the daf then with the ashtray under the cup holders.

Can’t believe you didn’t mention the most important thing…a cup holder.

Jeez. What is the world coming to? :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.