cpc whinge....

what a crock of ■■■■■■■■■■■ deary me its bit like well you paid all that money to pass but hold on a min weve found a new way of fleecing somebody im sorry but i after 2 modules now i just think it shouldnt be every 5yrs should scrap it,and taking a day of from work to do said course means a days pay down,theyll be getting you to take your test next every 5yrs next in summary to drive a hgv its out pricing its self to many wannabe lorry driverswith all the paperwork even before you get in a wagon :laughing:

I keep trying to work myself up to do my C+E, so how does this new cpc thing work then, you do your drive, hopefully the examiner says you’ve passed, then what happens next… :question:

AXE MAN:
I keep trying to work myself up to do my C+E, so how does this new cpc thing work then, you do your drive, hopefully the examiner says you’ve passed, then what happens next… :question:

the cpc is a set of modules over 35 hours in 5 years… that you have to take every 5yrs as i have grandad rights mine isnt due untill 2014(dont leave it till then) but if a new driver it came into force in 2009 so you have to do a full cpc course,a theory course and then your test im not the best person to explain it to you but theres many friendly helpfull people on here that will tell you,and if you dont work direct for a company youll find itll be coming out your own pocket as agencys wont pay for it dont want to put any body of becoming a driver it just sadly seems all these picky nicky rules are going to put people off it. certificate of professional competence or if you like it also stands for- c ostly p ointless c rap

AXE MAN:

Are you referring to THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC or THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC
The first is for MOST newbies doing their very first LGV training (certainly not CE) and the second is for those when they have their LGV

I already have my C and have had it for a number of years, but say I now go on and do my C+E what happens at the end of the driveing test, if I am lucky enough to pass :question:

AXE MAN:
I already have my C and have had it for a number of years, but say I now go on and do my C+E what happens at the end of the driveing test, if I am lucky enough to pass :question:

You get a CE licence :smiley: (no theory at all for CE needed - just a practical on-road driving/reversing/controlled stop test with a few questions thrown in)

You still need to complete the 35 hours of Dcpc by 09/09/2014 so no change on that from what you are doing now.

CE training tips for artic can be accesssed via the link in my signature below …

thanks rog, that sounds like a load of hassel I dont have to worrie about now, Ive just got to work up the guts to go for it … :open_mouth:

AXE MAN:
thanks rog, that sounds like a load of hassel I dont have to worrie about now, Ive just got to work up the guts to go for it … :open_mouth:

Hi AXE MAN, you can forget about all the initial CPC stuff cos you’re already in the ‘system’ as a pre-qualified LGV driver. :smiley:

Trust me mate, there’s no “guts” required to make the step up to artics cos you’re already familiar with LGVs. :smiley:

An artic (tractor unit) is simply a very short version of what you’re already used to, plus it carries/pulls a semi-trailer and is then a bit longer and bendy.

Of course, you’d receive instruction on the aspects that are currently unknown to you, so it shouldn’t really be a problem for you to pass the C+E test. :smiley:

Just think, there was a day that you had no knowledge of driving a cat “C” vehicle and IMHO that was a bigger ‘jump’ than the one that you’re currently considering. :wink:

FIIDDLESTICKS…lost me cpc dsa official goods vehicle book today(or it was pinched :cry: anybody got a cheap used copy■■? anybody want a aa truckers large scale atlas showing bridges etc may swop it for a used cpc book its a bit big to post mind never used it either cost me £20 quid,

BEN BADGER:
…lost me cpc dsa official goods vehicle book today

I thought you had C already and it’s not needed for CE or any periodic training

yes i have c licence 6years & a bit but doing bit of cpc before 2014 when the grand father right things end im hoping to still do my c+e but funding it just at the moment a bit tricky so renewed my hi-ab to earn a bit more to put a side

BEN BADGER:
yes i have c licence 6years & a bit but doing bit of cpc before 2014 when the grand father right things end im hoping to still do my c+e but funding it just at the moment a bit tricky so renewed my hi-ab to earn a bit more to put a side

Hi BEN BADGER,
From this post it seems that you might have missed what ROG wrote above. :wink:

You won’t need the DSA book, because that is for the initial CPC, whereas the ‘grandfathered’ one is the periodic CPC and there’s no connection between them.

You are already in the system as a qualified LGV driver, so the pressure is off you for a while now mate.

Did you get some periodic CPC hours for your recent HIAB course??

dieseldave:
You won’t need the DSA book, because that is for the initial CPC, whereas the ‘grandfathered’ one is the periodic CPC and there’s no connection between them.

Yet another missed opportunity by the EU !!

sorry without wanting to sound lost i thought even with the grandad rights thing come september 2014 you still had to have done 35hours cpc then in 2019 you did another 35hrs or am i wrong■■? im not sure if my recent hi-ab course gave any cpc hours…wasnt told it was :neutral_face: im afraid i find it all confusing all this paperwork.ill take a look at rogs cpc link

BEN BADGER:
sorry without wanting to sound lost i thought even with the grandad rights thing come september 2014 you still had to have done 35hours cpc then in 2019 you did another 35hrs or am i wrong■■?

You have to do 35 hours of THE PERIODIC (ongoing) DRIVER CPC before 09/09/2014 which will get you a DQC (driver cpc card) with an expiry date of 09/09/2019
Before that DQC expires on 09/09/2019 you have to do another 35 hours (from 10/09/2014 to 09/09/2019)

The DSA Driver cpc book you lost !! has NOTHING to do with those 35 hours.

The DSA Driver cpc book is for THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC only.

BEN BADGER:
i have c licence 6years

So the DSA driver cpc book was a waste of time as you did not, not will ever, need it.

back to the naughty step with the dunces hat i go :laughing:

BEN BADGER:
back to the naughty step with the dunces hat i go :laughing:

There is nothing on the front of that book that states that it is for the Initial Dcpc only so you are probably not the only person to buy one thinking it is for the ALL the Dcpc