Cpc training (grandfather rights)

Hello all, im getting confused reports on what it entails, is there a exam module at the end and is it 40 hours training? Ive my licence over 30 years

ytre:
Hello all, im getting confused reports on what it entails, is there a exam module at the end and is it 40 hours training? Ive my licence over 30 years

No exam just sit 35 hours of cpc before sept 2014

You can sit in 7 hour blocks ie 1 day per week if you wish or all the same week

You can even do the same module for it

There is plenty in here & main forum have a look

You have dcpc acquired/grandfather rights until 09/09/2014

To continue using your LGV categories commercially after that date you will need to complete 35 hours of periodic driver cpc training

Most dcpc courses are 7 hours long and you just have to attend - no tests

Depending what your goal is will depend on what you go for.
You could go for the cheapest 7 hour course and do it 5 times
You could pay more and do courses which interest you

Most courses are classroom based

Some original training courses like ADR can now have dcpc hours but not all so check with the course provider - the original ADR course will cost more if it has dcpc hours given as well

If you complete the 35 hours before the above date then you will get issued with a DQC - driver cpc card - which then covers you until 09/09/2019

thank you both for your input, puts my mind at rest that theres no exam at least. must get a place booked, thanks again

What happens if I’ve only accumulated 28hrs CPC by 09/09/14? Obviously I realise I would not be able to drive LGV’s commercially after that date, but would I have to start my 35hrs again from zero or could I simply do another 7hrs? Let’s say I did my final 7hrs on 09/09/16…would I then have a licence for a full 5 years until 09/09/21?

DAF_MAN:
What happens if I’ve only accumulated 28hrs CPC by 09/09/14? Obviously I realise I would not be able to drive LGV’s commercially after that date, but would I have to start my 35hrs again from zero or could I simply do another 7hrs? Let’s say I did my final 7hrs on 09/09/16…would I then have a licence for a full 5 years until 09/09/21?

Each 7 hours is valid for 5 years in regards to it counting towards a DQC

if your last 7 hours was on 09/09/16 and the first 7 hours of the 28 already obtained was done after 09/09/11 then you would have 35 hours all valid within a 5 year period from first 7 to last 7 so would get a DQC expiry dated 09/09/21

Thanks Rog, great reply. I knew the response would come from yourself. What would we do without you!?

Cheers