Cpc test to drive a bus?

I may have a job for a local bus company,they said they would put me in for all tests.Would i have to do the new cpc tests mod 2 and 4 i think there called ?

Almost certainly. The only reason that you wouldn’t need to is if you’ve already passed a test in CAT D of some description i.e. minibus, automatic bus. D1 on grandfather rights doesn’t help.

But don’t worry about the driver cpc. It’s very straightforward and, if correctly trained, you will have no problem with it.

Best of luck. :laughing: :laughing:

craig28:
I may have a job for a local bus company,they said they would put me in for all tests.Would i have to do the new cpc tests mod 2 and 4 i think there called ?

YES - BUT - have you done the initial driver cpc for LGV recently :question:

no i havent,i was going to go on a hgv course but i am on a waiting list for a bus company so not sure if i should go for my hgv anyway but the hgv course would be out of my own pocket but with the bus company they will pay for the training.i have heard one of the mods on the cpc can be a pain,is this true ?,

craig28:
i have heard one of the mods on the cpc can be a pain,is this true ?,

Mod 2 is theory and done at the same test centre as mods 1a & 1b - plenty of reading should get you through mod 2.

Mod 4 is the practical dcpc test and training is required for this - if you have a good trainer then you’ll be ok :smiley: