CPC advice required...

Hi all,

Newbie here, passed test last month, got my License and Digicard…

Been applying to jobs left,right and center., and signing up with Agencies…

Did 1 day’s work on Sat last week for 11hrs… (wow)

Am applying for a position within a company and one of the questions is " Do I have CPC modules 2 and 4? "

Now, if I am reading the hints and tips posted elsewhere on this site, I’m classed as “Initially Qualified” and need to take the tests for Modules 2 and 4?

Thanks!

Paul

Hi. If I understand correctly, the important question is when did you get your car license.
Did you have category C1 on 10th September 2009? ( basically could you drive 7.5tonnes before you started doing C, because you had C1 automatically, or took a C1 test before that date)

If you did have the old license, I think you have grandfather rights and don’t need mods 2 and 4. You still need to accrue the 35 hours ongoing training (unless the work you do is exempt which is unikely) but it doesn’t stop you working in the meantime.

If you didn’t have C1 on that date then I think you DO need mods 2 and 4 and sadly shouldn’t be driving commercially until you get them.

Tim

From your username do I correctly assume that you were born in 1970?

If that assumption is correct then it is very likely that you passed your car test before 1997 and so had a free LGV C1 on your licence

That being the case then you do not need and cannot (DSA bookings will not let you) take the initial LGV driver cpc modules 2 and 4 because you are already in the dcpc periodic system

Being in the periodic dcpc sytem means you need 35 hours training before 09/09/2014 if you wish to continue driving LGVs commercially after that date

Hi Guys,

Yes I was born in 1970, and I passed my driving test in '89 and so have acquired ‘grandfather’s’ rights as I found out today!

Yay me…

That’s good to know! :smiley:

BUT, the kicker is this…

Does anyone know of companies in the South Essex/East London area that will take newbies?

Thanks,

Paul