CPC Mod 4

ok guys sorry if this has been asked but I’ve searched and not found a conclusive answer.

Currently bus driver obtained 2011 company provide cpc training.
my dqc card states bus from 19/11/2016 lorry from 9/9/2016

I have ‘grandfather rights’ ( if that’s still a thing ) as passed car forever ago !

So my question is … do I need a MOD 4 test for class 2, as I obviously did one for bus in 2011

Some say yes need new, some say it is carried through to hgv … me?? im confused

Have only my practical class 2 test and some driving hours training to do to get class 2 but now im wondering if I actually need to do the mod 4

thanks for any help

Elffie01:
ok guys sorry if this has been asked but I’ve searched and not found a conclusive answer.

Currently bus driver obtained 2011 company provide cpc training.
my dqc card states bus from 19/11/2016 lorry from 9/9/2016

I have ‘grandfather rights’ ( if that’s still a thing ) as passed car forever ago !

So my question is … do I need a MOD 4 test for class 2, as I obviously did one for bus in 2011

Some say yes need new, some say it is carried through to hgv … me?? im confused

Have only my practical class 2 test and some driving hours training to do to get class 2 but now im wondering if I actually need to do the mod 4

thanks for any help

Have you completed the 35 hours of periodic training after doing mod 4 for PCV :question:

ROG.

Yes as its a requirement for the bus driving role

I think you would be ruled out of doing the initial CPC on the basis that you hold or have held a CPC card with lorry on it before. Essentially the 35 hours is your option. As I recollect there are some modules that apply solely to bus and some solely to lorry, so perhaps you would need to go online and check your current record - do you have any hours “banked” as it were? Once you register at the site below, a login is sent out to you.

Noremac:
I think you would be ruled out of doing the initial CPC on the basis that you hold or have held a CPC card with lorry on it before. Essentially the 35 hours is your option. As I recollect there are some modules that apply solely to bus and some solely to lorry, so perhaps you would need to go online and check your current record - do you have any hours “banked” as it were? Once you register at the site below, a login is sent out to you.

Check your Driver CPC periodic training hours - GOV.UK

thanks for the reply, yes we do cpc training regularly, I only need 1 more exciting dy to make up my 5th module so it refreshes from November

Elffie01:
ROG.

Were the courses both PCV & LGV compliant :question:

If they were then both will be valid until the DQC expiry date

If only valid for PCV then you need 35 hours periodic for LGV

It could also be that some of the cpc courses are valid for LGV so you need to find out then top up the hours needed to get the DQC included for LGV

ROG:

Elffie01:
ROG.

Were the courses both PCV & LGV compliant :question:

If they were then both will be valid until the DQC expiry date

If only valid for PCV then you need 35 hours periodic for LGV

It could also be that some of the cpc courses are valid for LGV so you need to find out then top up the hours needed to get the DQC included for LGV

any idea how I find out if they are for both bus and lorry ?

ive checked the gov. website and t shows that both categories expire on the same day, so from that im assuming that all the modules I have taken are for both … so confusing lol

ROG:
checked the gov. website and t shows that both categories expire on the same day

What date :question:

ROG:

ROG:
checked the gov. website and t shows that both categories expire on the same day

18/11/2021. I need one more module for work (bus ) which I should be booked onto very soon. 4 are valid and I need 5 before November

Elffie01:

ROG:

ROG:

18/11/2021. I need one more module for work (bus ) which I should be booked onto very soon. 4 are valid and I need 5 before November

If the 4 done and the 1 to be done are valid for both LGV + PCV then you will get a new DQC covering both until 11/2026
If any are only valid for PCV then you will need to do more for LGV

thanks ROG I understand that. Hopefully they are all valid for both. Question now is , is there a way to find out if they modules are bus only or valid for both?

My employer aren’t the best for information, like trying to get blood out of a stone with them
:open_mouth: