CPC help

I’m stood to believe I need to complete module 2 & 4 before I can start working as a hgv driver? I passed my class 2 other week.

A recruitment agency said I can start work tomorrow without cpc?

I had that from an agency too but all new HGV drivers who are driving for a living must have their Mod 2 & 4 passed before they drive for money.

■■■■■ when you think your ready for work then another few hundred has to come out of your savings.

Seems a waste of money seen as its only a 30 min show me tell me exam, watched the videos on YouTube like most things today is a way of making more money.

Yea i totally agree, i passed mine a few months ago. The woman that did mine she took it very seriously, a few tips just incase it happens to you. If you can open the back when she asks about illegal people getting on or into your truck always jump in the back and check all tyres, one of the people before me checked one wheel and thought that counted as all four and he failed.

Check this out too i had it memorized and i got 100% on the test, its a lot of common sense stuff to be honest. http://www.flairtraining.co.uk/PDF/cpcpart4questions.pdf

Hope that link works. Also for the final question you can take a list with you on the test and check it all of the list, i had the poor woman running around the truck after me i kept going over things that much to make sure i passed an didn’t need to waste more money

Mod 2 is relatively easy as theory tests go - lots of common sense needed

Others are correct in saying that a driver getting their first LGV category on the licence needs the initial 2 modules before they can legally drive LGVs commercially

Agencies need educating on this issue

wreckybrek:
Yea i totally agree, i passed mine a few months ago. The woman that did mine she took it very seriously, a few tips just incase it happens to you. If you can open the back when she asks about illegal people getting on or into your truck always jump in the back and check all tyres, one of the people before me checked one wheel and thought that counted as all four and he failed.

Check this out too i had it memorized and i got 100% on the test, its a lot of common sense stuff to be honest. http://www.flairtraining.co.uk/PDF/cpcpart4questions.pdf

Hope that link works. Also for the final question you can take a list with you on the test and check it all of the list, i had the poor woman running around the truck after me i kept going over things that much to make sure i passed an didn’t need to waste more money

The link works, the hgv instructor give me it all in a information pack yeah I’ve been told that you can use it as checklist like you would do at the start of any shift.