CPC Question

Folks,

I was hoping I could get some clarity surrounding the CPC requirement.

I’m still at the first hurdle of reaching my goal. Waiting for my licence to come back after the medical so I can start the next stage in obtaining my class C. My aim is to take my C+E as soon as I can after passing my class C…(hopefully, if I pass of course)

I passed my car test before 1997 so I don’t need initial CPC, however I am aware of the periodic CPC. “ROG” mentioned that the training company I’m using might be periodic hours approved. Would this mean that potentially I’d gain a certain amount of hours towards the 35 needed during my training for the class C and C+E?.

I’m just wondering if I’d need to arrange 35 hours of classroom time for the CPC after passing the C+E. I’m thinking that it would not be worth even trying to get employment without the full CPC training completed with the deadline being September this year.

Steve

Totaluk:
Folks,

I was hoping I could get some clarity surrounding the CPC requirement.

I’m still at the first hurdle of reaching my goal. Waiting for my licence to come back after the medical so I can start the next stage in obtaining my class C. My aim is to take my C+E as soon as I can after passing my class C…(hopefully, if I pass of course)

I passed my car test before 1997 so I don’t need initial CPC, however I am aware of the periodic CPC. “ROG” mentioned that the training company I’m using might be periodic hours approved. Would this mean that potentially I’d gain a certain amount of hours towards the 35 needed during my training for the class C and C+E?.

I’m just wondering if I’d need to arrange 35 hours of classroom time for the CPC after passing the C+E. I’m thinking that it would not be worth even trying to get employment without the full CPC training completed with the deadline being September this year.

Steve

If the training school has their practical lorry training approved for DCPC then its worth paying that little bit more to have those hours towards the 35 total

If they do 2 to 1 training and you have a 5 day course with test on day 5 then you can get 28 hours if the course is approved
If they do 1 to 1 over 5 half days then that can be 14 hours if approved
If practical training is approved then because you have C1, both the C and CE can count for dcpc hours

Ask your training provider about this - if they have the courses approved then they will usually have a 7 hour course which can be repeated many times so 4 x 7 for a 28

You will need all 35 hours to drive any LGV commercially after 09/09/2014

ROG:
If the training school has their practical lorry training approved for DCPC then its worth paying that little bit more to have those hours towards the 35 total

If they do 2 to 1 training and you have a 5 day course with test on day 5 then you can get 28 hours if the course is approved
If they do 1 to 1 over 5 half days then that can be 14 hours if approved
If practical training is approved then because you have C1, both the C and CE can count for dcpc hours

Ask your training provider about this - if they have the courses approved then they will usually have a 7 hour course which can be repeated many times so 4 x 7 for a 28

You will need all 35 hours to drive any LGV commercially after 09/09/2014

Many thanks ROG. That has made it much clearer. I’ll check with the trainer when I arrange my course.