Unsure... Cpc question

Hi, been reading the forums for awhile and have picked up quite alot of useful info by doing so.
I will soon be doing my class c and c+e training and tests etc, but theres one thing I cant seem to suss out.
As a new starter starting from scratch, do I need to do the initial cpc and periodic before September? Or do I have to do just the initial cpc with the 5 years starting from completion of that??
I passed my car test in 2008 if that is relevant.
Thanks.

If you passed your car test in 2008 then you will have to do the Initial CPC. The periodic CPC is not an option for you.

Ok. Just to clarify, my understanding is drivers (existing) have to do 35 hours periodic by september and then have 5 years in which to do it all again. As a newbie, I do the initial cpc, do I then have 5 years to do 35 hours periodic or do I then have to complete 35 hours before September still? I hope this is making sense!

Anyone…?

The way I understand it is

You have 5 years from when you do your initial cpc

But

I could have got it wrong

Steve

From .gov website

''Deadline for new professional drivers

You must complete periodic training by 5 years from the date you got the initial qualification.‘’

Thats the way I have been taking it and I certainly hope thats right, makes it all a bit easier if so. Thanks.

Your initial cpc runs for 5 years. Before the end of the 5 years you need to complete 35 hours period training.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers for the help guys

Peter Smythe:
Your initial cpc runs for 5 years. Before the end of the 5 years you need to complete 35 hours period training.

so…you can then do 1 day (7hrs) per year to stay in compliance ■■? :confused:

syramax:

Peter Smythe:

so…you can then do 1 day (7hrs) per year to stay in compliance ■■? :confused:

That is one option open to you

You could also do the same 7 hour course 5 times in the very last week before your initial 5 years runs out - 1 week before expiry date on the DQC (driver cpc card)

The idea behind it is to do 1 day a year. But this isn’t a rule. But maybe the best way of keeping up with changes in rules and probably better than spending a whole week doing it.

I personally think doing different courses as a newbie would be very beneficial, even if it is ok to do the same one 5 times over

+1 :laughing: :laughing: