CPC

Hi guys

I’m not sure if this is going to sound a bit dumb!

I have been driving class 2 for 7 years now and I currently have no CPC modules. I’m looking at doing my class 1 in November and just wondered if I would have to have my CPC before I can legally drive them.

I’ve been told a few different things and I’m not sure which one is true

Cheers

Dave

dpt2011:
I’m looking at doing my class 1 in November and just wondered if I would have to have my CPC before I can legally drive them.

No, you just need to pass the practical test.

You’re fine for now, you require 35hrs completed before Sep 2014 to carry on driving for hire or reward.

Thats music to my ears as I dont fancy forking out for my whole CPC straight away so I can drive. I am pretty nervous about doing my class 1 mind :confused:

Or you could take and pass your modules 2 & 4 when you are doing your C+ E test.

This gives you 5 years to do the 35 hours training from the date your DCPC card is issued to you, instead of the 2 years that you have now.

Bear in mind that affordable, convenient and useful training is going to get increasingly difficult to find between now and Sept 2014 as the penny drops for all those who are still in denial.

GasGas:
Or you could take and pass your modules 2 & 4 when you are doing your C+ E test.

This gives you 5 years to do the 35 hours training from the date your DCPC card is issued to you, instead of the 2 years that you have now.

Bear in mind that affordable, convenient and useful training is going to get increasingly difficult to find between now and Sept 2014 as the penny drops for all those who are still in denial.

Wrong.

He has grandfather rights to the CPC and only needs 35 hours of CPC classroom sessions before 2014

dar1976:

GasGas:

Wrong.

He has grandfather rights to the CPC and only needs 35 hours of CPC classroom sessions before 2014

I suspect this is correct. With acquired rights you won’t be able to do the initial DCPC.

As has been said - get your CE done and carry on - you have until September 2014 to gain the DCPC

The OP was asking if he had to ‘fork out for his DCPC training’ before he could driver C+ E.

I agreed that he didn’t have to, but pointed out that it would probably be cheaper and quicker to do Mods 2 & 4 with his C + E test and acquire the card that way.

He’d then have five years from that date to do his training.

I don’t think he’d be refused a card if he passed his C + E including mods 2 & 4 on the grounds he already held C. Would a C1 licence holder (grandfather rights on a car licence) be refused a DCPC card if they took a Cat C test, including mods 2 & 4?

After all, the C1 drivers have until 2014 to get their training done.

GasGas:
The OP was asking if he had to ‘fork out for his DCPC training’ before he could driver C+ E.

I agreed that he didn’t have to, but pointed out that it would probably be cheaper and quicker to do Mods 2 & 4 with his C + E test and acquire the card that way.

He’d then have five years from that date to do his training.

I don’t think he’d be refused a card if he passed his C + E including mods 2 & 4 on the grounds he already held C. Would a C1 licence holder (grandfather rights on a car licence) be refused a DCPC card if they took a Cat C test, including mods 2 & 4?

After all, the C1 drivers have until 2014 to get their training done.

Yes he would, yes they would. Mate just done his C and couldn’t do mod 2 and 4 due to his psv giving him grandfather rights - ONLY TILL 2013 though :open_mouth:

That’s interesting…thanks for clearing it up

Thanks for all the replies guys it’s been a big help

Dave

if your doing your c+e ask them if they give you hours towards your cpc,done mine in june and they gave me 28hours, only had to pay the up load fee’s (means you’ll only have to sit in a classroom for 1 day instead of 5 :wink: )