Another cpc question

I notice on Pete’s website if you have C1, which I have; I could do the 35 hrs and not mod 2&4?
As I’m planning to do my C, what would you recommend if I wanted to drive after, do 2&4 then have 5 years to do the 35 hrs or just go straight to the 35 hrs?
Or as a new class c do I have to do 2&4 Im open to either option?

If you had category C1 before September 2009 (including from a pre-1997 car test pass) and have never completed 35 hours of periodic training, you have the choice of 35 hours of periodic training or Modules 2 and 4.

If you do your C course with a Driver CPC registered provider, you might be able to get 7 hours or, in some cases, 14 hours of periodic training from the C course if you ask for it and pay the upload fee. Peter Smythe Transport Training offers this.

Ultimately, it is down to whichever option is easier and cheaper for you.

Modules 2 and 4 involve you spending less time at the training provider and are typically a bit cheaper than paying for 35 hours of periodic training. You have to put in the work at home before taking Module 2, and you can fail the theory or practical tests. Failing the Module 4 practical test is unusual, however.

35 hours of periodic training means you will have to spend 35 hours at a training provider, less whatever hours you can get from your C course (and CE course if you plan to take CE before driving professionally). If you want to do some courses anyway before driving professionally, this might be a good option.

A popular choice for a new driver would be a one day (7 hour) course on drivers hours and tachographs, whichever route you choose.

If you could get 2 to 1 all day training for C when you have C1 then on a basic 5 day course you could get 28 hours dcpc if the course is approved for it

14 dcpc hours if course is 5 day 1 to 1

Hi Rog why does 2:1 get me more cpc isn’t that 2 pupils 1 instructor or am I misunderstanding? Think I would prefer 1:1 to be safe!

spacemanZ10:
Hi Rog why does 2:1 get me more cpc isn’t that 2 pupils 1 instructor or am I misunderstanding? Think I would prefer 1:1 to be safe!

Whilst the other is driving you are still learning so gaining dcpc hours

2 trainees all day is twice the time as 1 trainee for half a day

djw:
If you had category C1 before September 2009 (including from a pre-1997 car test pass) and have never completed 35 hours of periodic training, you have the choice of 35 hours of periodic training or Modules 2 and 4.

If you do your C course with a Driver CPC registered provider, you might be able to get 7 hours or, in some cases, 14 hours of periodic training from the C course if you ask for it and pay the upload fee. Peter Smythe Transport Training offers this.

Ultimately, it is down to whichever option is easier and cheaper for you.

Modules 2 and 4 involve you spending less time at the training provider and are typically a bit cheaper than paying for 35 hours of periodic training. You have to put in the work at home before taking Module 2, and you can fail the theory or practical tests. Failing the Module 4 practical test is unusual, however.

35 hours of periodic training means you will have to spend 35 hours at a training provider, less whatever hours you can get from your C course (and CE course if you plan to take CE before driving professionally). If you want to do some courses anyway before driving professionally, this might be a good option.

A popular choice for a new driver would be a one day (7 hour) course on drivers hours and tachographs, whichever route you choose.

I failed my CPC coz I never talked about on my daily walk around check I would check my Tachograph, Spray and I had smiley suspension

Everybody has their own take on this. It’s up to everyone to make their own decision how to tackle it. The fact is that it can be difficult to book Mods 2 and 4 because the system hasn’t caught up with the transition. Many of our candidates choose 14 hrs from CAT C, same again from CE and then the final 7 from the tacho course.

Pete :laughing: :laughing: