cpc question

Hi guys,

Just a quick one. I passed my Cat C in July 2008, and since then, due to a number of reasons, I have yet to drive a truck.

My question is this. I have not done any CPC training yet, will I loose my Cat C if I don’t do the training within the next 2 1/2 years, or is it just a job related thing (I keep my licence, but won’t be able to get a job until I’m CPCed)?

Cheers chaps

NewBlood.

As I understand you won’t lose your entitlement but you would need to complete the 35 hours before you could legally drive again.

Thats great. Thanks for that MADBAZ. Does this include driving a hired truck for say moving house?

Dunno, but you try hiring a truck without an O license or your own insurance, it’s bloody impossible.

MADBAZ:
Dunno, but you try hiring a truck without an O license or your own insurance, it’s bloody impossible.

In theory the answer’s yes as it’s cpc exempt but you’re right about the O licence and insurance.

If you are drive a LGV not for Hire & reward then you can rent one without an O licence some companies have restricted O licence just to move there goods around from store to store … there is no reason you cant hire a class 2 for moving home and let say salford hire insure you like a car hire agreement.

You can still drive a LGV with a lapsed CPC for training purposes in fire service etc. but not for normal everyday driving.

discoman:
there is no reason you cant hire a class 2 for moving home and let say salford hire insure you like a car hire agreement.

They may over insurance on a 7.5t but not over that then no, at least IME :slight_smile:

Hi, you can definitely hire a C1 (7.5ton) without CPC and without using any kind of Tacho AS LONG as it is NOT for Hire or reward. I have done it. So as long as the house move is for YOUR house contents or a close relative / friend AND you do NOT get paid for driving, then you can legally do it.If it is for a friend/relative just make sure that they personally pay for for refuelling the wagon up.