CPC Question

Hello…

I currently have my class 2, and class 1 is booked for next week - with ADR a few weeks ahead.

My question is this, I currently have my drivers CPC card which expires for both my LGV and PCV licences in 2019 - I know I am to complete another 35 hours for this one expiring, will it count if I do it now (as in use the ADR and Class 1) to count towards it? Or does the next 35 hours periodic training need to start from a certain point.

Cheers

Charlie

If your current DQC expires in 2019 you can start the 35 hours periodic training now, the ADR and Cat C+E will only count towards the 35 hours periodic training if they are approved by JAUPT.

Your best bet would have been to check that the courses are JAUPT approved before booking them.

Unless you already have checked ?

edit: You can start the 35 hours periodic training any time in the five year period leading up to the expiry of your current DQC.

Thanks Tachograph.

They are indeed JAUPT approved, the firm I’m using advertise the fact you can earn credits towards the CPC, I recall 21 hours from the ADR course alone - I just pay the upload fee apparently.

When I sat my class 2 with them two years ago, I got 28 hours towards my CPC - listed as LGV DRIVING on the DSA’s CPC checker.

Suits me perfectly - at least that’s another CPC covered hopefully.

It was just a thought that popped into my head tonight, but to be 100% I’ll check with the training company.

Thanks again for the reply.

You’ll have completed the 35 hours periodic training for very little extra cost then, nice one :smiley:

Thread hijack :smiley:

We have a CPC course coming up on a Sat and I’ve been told that I must have Friday night off as the course is classed as other work, as I’m not being paid to actually attend I was under the impression that it wasn’t classed as other work?? If anyone has a link to any concrete info on this then that would be great!.
Cheers

Darb:

We have a CPC course coming up on a Sat and I’ve been told that I must have Friday night off as the course is classed as other work, as I’m not being paid to actually attend I was under the impression that it wasn’t classed as other work?? If anyone has a link to any concrete info on this then that would be great!.
Cheers

truckingtopics.co.uk/vosaclarifiesdri.html

Credit to b and q they are introducing something European industry has used for over twenty years.maybe others in England will follow.its called health and safety

w88chy:
Hello…

I currently have my class 2, and class 1 is booked for next week - with ADR a few weeks ahead.

My question is this, I currently have my drivers CPC card which expires for both my LGV and PCV licences in 2019 - I know I am to complete another 35 hours for this one expiring, will it count if I do it now (as in use the ADR and Class 1) to count towards it? Or does the next 35 hours periodic training need to start from a certain point.

Cheers

Charlie

It will start from now

Darb:

Cheers

Its not classed as other work if you are doing it volenterily, are you getting paid for the night off?