Driver CPC question, Help please!

Hi All,

Wonder if someone can help me with something…

Passed my car test in 1999 so have no acuired rights to 7.5T or Driver CPC…

Passed my Class 2 and class 1 in 2011 and had to also do the inital driver CPC to drive professionaly. So I have my Driver Quilification card which expires in 2016 however i have been told i still need to complete the 35 hours by 2014 or i will not be able to drive.

is this correct?

I have looked on drivercpc.org but would like some feedback from you guys if possible.

I’d have thought that if your card says it expires in 2016 then that’s when it expires. The Sept 2014 cutoff is only for drivers who took their LGV tests before 2009, ie before the DCPC was introduced.

Your 35 hours must be completed by the expiry date on your DQC. The logic of what you’ve been told is completely flawed, what if you passed in July 2014, that’d give you a month to complete the 35 hours :wink: .

Your getting the qualification mixed-up with the “Aquired rights” drivers! You have your Driver card already! You will need your next 35 hours before 2016! :wink:

You must have done 35 hours by the date of expiry if your CPC card. Simples.

If your CPC card is left to lapse you will not be able to drive professionally and will have to complete the 35 hours before it can be reinstated.

Maybe i should have thought about it a bit rather than getting worried about it :blush:

Makes sense really,

I had recently done an ADR Course but the training provider said them hours could not count towards my next 5 years… only training done after 2014 could count, i think i have just been confused by it all.

I always thought i had 5 years from the date i got my DCPC card which is true but been confused by what other people have told me.

So in short… I got 5 years from the date on my DCPC card and the ADR course i have done can contribute to the 35 hours i need??

Sorry for sounding like a ■■■■■ thank you for all your help :slight_smile:

If you’ve just done initial ADR then subject to the course being JAUPT approved then it could have counted as 21 hours towards your 35 hours. I think a refresher only counts as 14 hours.

Once you have done 35 hours, before the expiry, any extra hours you do won’t count towards the following period (in your case 2016-2021), which is what the trainer probably thought was happening :imp: .

I think there should be a DCPC module on the DCPC just for DCPC trainers :stuck_out_tongue: .

EDIT: If it’s less than 5 days since you did your ADR then you might be able to claim them, chances are though that you can’t get them ‘credited’ to your record.

That’s perfect! Makes sense and explains my confusion, thanks for that :slight_smile:

I have never done ADR before so I’m guessing that will count as 21 hours :slight_smile:

ADR refresher is 7 hours

When you did you ADR 3.5 day or 5 day course did you get told it was DCPC approved and that X amount of hours would get uploaded?

The price of that ADR course would have cost more than the usual price to include the DCPC bit